XV • Noctis

“At Sunset”

Warning: none

•••

It was summer and the boys were going out camping and observing nature, Noctis was planning on fishing too. You didn't like to go out with people but Noctis was your closest friend a side from Ignis. You had to admit, you did have a crush on the raven haired boy, but you were too shy to tell him, and you were awkward most of the time, and this bothered Gladiolus a lot.

You looked out the window of the car, feeling the fresh air kiss your face. You smile as you closed your eyes and leaned back against the seat and trying to get comfortable, while you were at that you kept pumping into Gladiolus which irritated him so much, he suddenly smacked your knee, hard. You jumped and glared at him, he just smiled looking forward.

Gladiolus knew you had a crush on Noctis, too. He would always threaten you that he will tell him if you didn't do what he said. That was a huge bother for you, before summer you would always watch Noctis with the guys, Gladiolus would always start with a “Hey, Noctis, did you know..” and ended it with a fact, smirking at your facial expressions.

You continued to glared at him, you tried to hit him with your fingers out but he flinched, yes, he flinched. You had a master named Pai Mei and he would always train you recklessly and endlessly. You learned the five point palm technique, all the boys saw you do this to Ardyn, when Ardyn took five steps he collapsed hard on the floor. This technique also made the opponent's heart explode.

Gladiolus feared you doing that to him. Prompto would just start hyperventilating and cry loudly. Ignis was too calm to even react, he would just stare at you, and that made you feel uncomfortable. Noctis, well you never threaten him with it, obviously.

You laughed as you see him flinched, Noctis cleared his throat in uncomfortableness. You glanced at him with eyes of adoration but Gladiolus decided to ruin it by burping. You cringed and sat back.

A idea popped into your head, you started to whine like Prompto, “Are we there yet?” you asked pushing the seat. Gladiolus inhaled, “Hey, Noctis...” started Gladiolus. Noctis hummed while looking out the window. You huffed and leaned back against the seat closing your eyes, “There is one jellyfish that is immortal.” Gladiolus said. Noctis shrugged.

Ignis started to talk as well, “I've heard sharks have been living longer than trees.” Ignis stated. I stood up quickly, “Yes, I've heard that too.” I said as I looked forward on the road.

Oh, and the boys wanted to camp out for two weeks, isn't that fun?

All of us, parked into a park, everyone was taking out the stuff from the trunk, I helped with the chairs, I put them in circles, luckily the sun was still up, I stared at the sky.

The boys were talking, “Don't tell me you lost the keys, Ignis!” exclaimed Prompto in worry, I walked up to the guys who had were showing expressions of scare, and I was trying to act cool by not giving a facial expression.

“I guess we're going to stay here a while.” Gladiolus said crossing his arms, I turned around walking a few steps away from the guys, “Don't cry, don't start crying.” I whispered to myself, and felt something crawling my neck, I slapped my neck killing the mosquito, “So many mosquitoes out here.” I whispered.

I exhaled in huge frustration, “God, It's so hot!” I whisper yelled as I closed my eyes.

“Found them.” I heard Prompto yelled from afar.

Walking back the sky started to change color from blue to orange, pink, and purple.

The day went by fast, I sat down on one of the chairs relaxing myself. I continued to look at the sky loving the colors, I started to hear footsteps, I turned and saw Noctis. I looked away hiding my face, “Hey, (Name)” he started, I glanced at him, “Hey.” I replied quickly.

He sighed as he sat down next to me, then he looked at me, “You know, I actually been wanting to tell you something.” he said, I gulped as I sat up straight. I nodded to let him continue.

“I want to say, you are always breathtaking and when you blush, I think it's cute. Um, you are completely different from others, you are esoteric, you're creative. You are a definition of astonishment.” he said looking at me deeply, I felt my face heat up, I smiled and nodded once again, “That's  funny. I actually feel the same way.” I said nervously.

Noctis started to lean in, and so did I but hesitantly. Once our lips touched, a flash went off, both of us jumped and turned to where the flash came from, Prompto.

“Took you long enough, Noct.” Prompto said happily while he looked through the picture, “Awe, you guys look super cute!” he exclaimed loudly.

Noctis glared at Prompto letting him get the signals by himself, Prompto then squeaked away walking away.

Noctis and I stared at each other once again, he smiled while embracing me into a hug while he kissed my forehead.