first kiss - eddie imagine

plot: you and eddie are best friends but also skinny lovers (you like each other and neither of you know how the other feels) and you both are each other's first kiss just to "get it out of the way" but really it's bc y'all like each other

you were laying out with your best friend (and secret crush) eddie, watching the stars.

"there's the little dipper," he said, pointing to a constellation. "and the big dipper," he pointed to another one. "oh, and that's orion's belt." he said. you laughed. "eddie, you just pointed out the three easiest ones to find." you said. "fine, you pick three then." he sassed. you laughed again. "okay, there's Hercules, and Perseus, and that right there is Grus." you said. he looked at you. you smiled and shrugged. "i do this all the time." you answered before he could even ask how you knew that. you two laid there in silence for a few minutes. his hand slowly moved and grabbed yours. you felt your cheeks heat up as your fingers intertwined. "eddie?" you finally said. "yeah?" he answered. you bit your lip nervously. "have you..." you stopped for a moment. "have you had your first kiss yet?" you asked. you heard him stop breathing. "no." he said. "i haven't either." you said. he sat up a bit, resting himself on his elbows. "i thought you kissed richie?" he asked. you giggled, now sitting up to be level with eddie. "no. i was going to but i didn't want to. i let him tell everyone we did though because i think i hurt his ego." you said. eddie laughed. "how come you changed your mind?" he asked. "oh. um, it's gonna sound dumb..." you mumbled. "i'm sure it won't. you can tell me." he said, his tone was smooth and inviting, he was speaking in a low voice. you took a deep breath. "i wanted it to be with someone special. someone i really cared about. i know that's dumb cause it's not like it's my virginity or anything but i don't know." you muttered. it was quiet. "it's not dumb." he said. silence again. "what about you?" you finally asked. "huh?" "how come you've never kissed anyone?" you asked. "oh. no one has ever really like, wanted to kiss me." he said. you smiled. your heart was beating a million miles a minute. his eyes were darting back and forth between your lips and your eyes. "have you ever just wanted to like, get it out of the way?" he asked. you swallowed thickly. "yeah." you answered. "have you?" you asked. he nodded. "maybe we should kiss. just to get it out of the way." he said. you bit the inside of your lip. "yeah totally." you said. your mind was going crazy and your stomach was in circles. heavy, nervous breaths were coming out of both of your mouths. his eyes darted to your lips and then back to your eyes. "i'm gonna lean in now." he said. you nodded.
he slowly moved in. you began to copy his movements, moving ever so slow. don't pull away fast and make it awkward. you thought to yourself. before you knew it your lips were touching his. you never knew what people meant when they said they felt fireworks when kissing someone special, but now you understood. your lips moved against his for a good few seconds before you pulled away.
"that was...wow...oh my god." he said. you laughed. "yeah." you agreed.
"i - that - we should do that again sometime." he stuttered. you giggled as he began to blush. you nodded. "sounds good." "maybe after i take you out sometime?" he asked. you smiled. "i'd love that, eddie spaghetti."