requested richie imagine

for myheartbxrnstheretoo  <3

y/n sighed as she took a look in the mirror and smoothed her dress down again. it was new and her friends had encouraged her to buy it, but it was definitely something out of her comfort zone.

"are you ready to go babe?" richie asked, peeking into the bathroom. "whoa, y/n." he said. her eyes widened as she quickly looked in his direction.

"what? it's the dress right? it's too tight isn't it? i'll go change, i'll only be a minute-" she tried to scramble past her boyfriend but he put his arm out and stopped her as he laughed lightly.

"no, no stop. it looks amazing. you look beautiful in it." he says, rubbing her arms and kissing her forehead.

"are you sure? it's so different from what i normally wear..." she asks, looking at the ground.

"different is okay sometimes, love." he smiles as he places his fingers under her chin and forces her to look up at him.

"i just feel like i look bad." she sighs. he laughs loudly, causing her to jump at the unexpected sound. he laughed again and pulled her in for a hug.

"you could never look bad. even if you wore a trash bag and grew a fucking mullet like henry bowers you'd still be beautiful." y/n laughed too.

"i'm serious y/n. you're the most beautiful girl i've ever seen in my life. do you not notice how you light up a room every time you walk into it, or how everyone turns and looks at you and can never look away? how many people stop and stare or run into things because they're too busy looking at you?" he asked. she shook her head as she blushed.

"well, i do. and it makes me so proud to have you on my arm and tell everyone you're my girlfriend. you're gonna take some lives wearing this." he winked and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the bathroom. she giggled.

"okay, i'm ready."