stan imagine for ryan

for OneSweetHufflepuff

it was hard going to school every day for ryan. she was constantly being harassed by everyone at school except beverly marsh, her only friend.

as much as it bothered her, she tried to seem unphased by everyone's words and actions towards her. she wanted to seem tougher than she actually was.

one day after school ryan was walking home with beverly when they got stopped by a group of boys bev hung out with regularly.

"h-hey bev." one of the boys said. ryan recognized him as bill. bev talked about him all the time.

"hey bill. richie, eddie, stanley, this is my friend ryan." she introduced her. ryan locked eyes with the one beverly introduced as stanley.

"oh, we know who you are! we've heard all about you." richie laughed. ryan looked over at him and eddie hit him in the arm.

"they're just rumors richie." stanley said. you looked at him again and couldn't help but smile.

"what they say about beverly is just rumors. what makes you think ryan actually does that stupid shit? they're best friends. they're bound to both be dragged into that, so shut the fuck up." stan snapped.

"whoa, calm down." richie said, putting his hands up in defense. she smiled at her feet.

beverly quickly tried to move the boys along but ryan grabbed stan and held him back from everyone else.

"thank you for that. beverly is the only one who ever stands up for me and you don't even know me." she said. he smiled.

"neither does anyone else. plus, i'm a don't believe it until i see it kinda guy." he said, winking. ryan blushed.

"are you losers coming or what?" bev called, causing them to run to catch up with the rest of the group.