Chapter 1 (Congratulations.)

The warm summer breeze slapped me in the face as I kept running.

I took a deep breath slowing my pace down.

I decided to take a run in the morning while listening to music.

Now I'm at the doorstep of our home and opening the door... Only to be greeted by a nice and big pillow in the face.

Now Dylan decided to wake up.

"Hey! You butt face watch out or I'll hit you in the groin with a broom!" I warned him laughing.

"Hey sis calm down why the violence?" He asked innocently.

"Whatever." I mumbled suddenly smelling something beautiful pancakes.

"Hey Dylan have you made breakfast for your innocent sister?" I asked while giving him the Puppy face.

"No!" He replied sharply.

"Why you have to be such a—" I was cut off by him.

"Mom made us all." Good, he saved himself, no one dares not making me food.

Food is my boyfriend.

Sue me.

Strange why mom didn't go the work today.
I thought about it while making my way to the kitchen where the beautiful pancakes are. I found mom humming to the music on the headphones while moving her hips to the music that was blasting through her ears.

Someone is in a good mood today.

I hugged her from the back and rested my cheek on her back inhaling her sweet scent, she removed her headphones and smiled at me.

"Good morning baby girl."

"Mom don't call me that." I said while fake pouting and laughing.

"Were you running?" she asked me and I nodded.

"Okay, go and wait for me on the table with your brother there's something I wanna discuss with you two."

"Okay," I sat on the table with Dylan waiting for the food and mom too.

Mom came minutes later with the pancakes and scrambled eggs.

"Okay so as I said before I wanna talk to you about something amazing happened yesterday." She said grinning.

No one interrupted her as she continued "I accepted a job offer from a big engineering company in San Diego."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped to the floor.

Oh.

My.

God.

"What mom San Diego?" I asked in disbelief  still in the same shock state.

"We are at new York... you mean we gonna move across the states." I said glancing at Dylan and found him grinning like an idiot.

"That's great mom... Congratulations." Dylan smiled and engulfed her in a hug.

"I mean mom congratulations." I trailed lowly fidgeting with my hand on my lap.

"Honey. I'm sorry for our moving suddenly like this... but this job means a lot to me." She said looking guilty.

"It's okay mom, if that means much to you it's okay." I said to her giving her a sad smile.

I wasn't so sad that we were moving because our school was shitty to me ...for me it was some place that people gossip around and talk behind each other's backs, I once punched some asshole who tried to carry me to make a show in the hallway, I think I might have broke his nose.