Chapter 22 (She loves me back!)

I just stared at him, tears making their way down my face.

Could I trust him? Should I tell him my secret?

"Let's go." I whispered leading the way.

We made it to his car. He drove to his secret place grabbing coffee on the way.

We kept walking none of us talking. I'm lost in my thoughts and he is afraid to hurt me.

We arrived at the table and I grabbed my chair and faced the ocean, he put his chair beside me.

He sighed and looked at me. "What happened?" He asked looking at me with genuinely concerned eyes.

Should I tell him? I screamed at my mind.

Tell him. You trust him and you love him too.

The voice in the back of head told and reminded me that I love him.

"Are you okay? Did James do something to you?" He asked at the beginning concerned but then he snapped at the thought of James hurting me.

"I'm fine. It's just I'm trying to hold myself from not telling you.?

"You can trust me Hailey. I would never hurt you." He said with honest eyes.

"Okay." I sighed and told him everything.

I told him how my dad died and the gang. The trial and his uncle. The visit and James breaking up with me because he thinks that my father is the bad guy who killed his innocent father.

I was in tears at some parts and he pulled to his chest listening to the story as I talked. And he is the first person I tell him my story.

He was so angry about James. He wanted to get up and go beat him down but I stopped him.

"So why did you cry this morning again?" He asked trying to lighten the mood.

I chuckled a bit. "Because that's when James called me and broke up with me, and called my father a killer. He said he didn't want to see my face again." I whispered the last part. He looked like thinking and then remembered.

"You know you don't have to be afraid, Right?" He asked pulling me closer to him. My head on his shoulder and his arm around my waist.

"Yeah, but I just.. I can't seem to forget the smile on his face, he looked like a psycho."

"Well, As I said, I won't let anyone hurt you." He said again.

"But why?" I said and I looked at his face. "Why you won't let anyone hurt me. We only have known each other's for weeks." I looked at him unbelievably.

"Because I... I l-love you." He looked at me, more in my eyes, his eyes were honest and for the first time I can see them full of love.

I looked at him slightly confused and shock is written all over my face.

I thought that he would never think of me more than a friend.. I thought that it was one side love.

I always thought why he didn't like me. Was I ugly? What was wrong with me?

I always convinced myself that I don't love him and that's just a stupid crush until this moment I knew I love him too.

But Should I tell him that I love him back?

"What's wrong?" He looked hurt but still there's glimpse of hope in his eyes.

"Look.. I'm sorry that I told this. Shouldn't have told her." He mumbled the last part under his breathe.