Chapter 21 ( You're John Brooke's daughter.)

Two weeks went in a blur.

Dylan and Lily left after three days stay.

I only the other hand still going to the art course. James still so sweet and caring, Ian treats me like before but I can't get over the looks he gives me. He looks at me with hurt and guilt like he had lost me.

He tries to win me back.

Today is the anniversary of dad's death.

This is the first time we aren't visiting dad, because his grave is in New York and we would have to take a plane there.

Mom can't afford the tickets right now and we don't have time.

Whenever I think about dad I remember the good times when he used to take to the park and when he played basketball with Dylan and taught me some moves. When we sat on the dinning table and shared how our day went together.

But the thing is he wasn't telling the truth about how his day went.

He didn't tell us his secret, he kept us away from his life. He had a separate life he lived.

What was sad that we only knew the truth when he died. I wish he could have told us about his life.

Everyday he went to work he was in danger.

My Dad was an undercover FBI agent. He joined the strongest gang on New York city, he was in the gang for 6 years.

6 years he was lying to evey one but I don't blame him in fact I'm proud of him.

Because he took down this gang. The gang was doing illegal work.

They were selling drugs and weapons. They stole money and killed innocent people.

There was a grand operation. They were making a deal with one of the gangs there was drugs in big amounts.

Dad of course told the FBI about the time and the place of the operation and it was finally time to blow his cover.

The FBI were hiding around the place and when the drugs arrived the FBI made an appearance.

The gang members began shooting but dad instead of shooting the FBI he aimed the gun at the leader of the gang.

They put their guns down and the FBI cuffed them. But the leader was shocked that one of his best men is a traitor so he made a move and tried shooting my father.

But before he even pulled his gun out the FBI shot him. He ended up with 13 bullet holes.

Some of the gang members ran away but most of them were caught.

The gang leader's brother ran away. He planted the idea inside everyone who ran with him, that my father is the reason why the gang went down.

So they wanted revenge.

One of them drove a car and drank but just enough when they test his blood they could see that he was drunk.

He waited for my father's car and he crashed into it causing it to fall over the bridge in the river.

My dad couldn't get out of the car so he drowned.

And they caught the driver and he pretended that he was drunk.

I could remember when a police officer came knocking on our door after two days since dad was missing.

He told us that dad died in a car accident. A drunk driver hit him and his car fell in the river.

After the funeral by two weeks there was a trial.

The judge gave the driver 7 years in prison.

In the trial there was the gang member but they no one knew them, they were wearing normal clothes and seemed normal. They pretended to be his relatives and family.