THIRTEENㅡBURN

taehyung woke up to the sound of jimin's alarm clock, the three boys all groaning as they moved from their spots on jimin's bed.

"how come i'm always stuck sleeping at the bottom of my own bed whenever you guys come over?" jimin complained, stretching out his muscles. "and don't say it's because i'm short. i didn't invite you guys over to bully me."

"i was only going to say because we're your guests, but now that you've brought it up..." seokjin teased, their orange-haired friend smacking his arm while taehyung rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"good morning, taehyung." jimin stood up from the bed, digging through his drawers and closet in a last minute attempt to find something wear, a stark contrast to the oldest boy, who had his outfit folded neatly on top of one of jimin's empty and unused chairs. "nice to see you're wide awake."

"g'mornin'," taehyung mumbled. a small yawn escaped his dry lips.

"look at how cute he is?" seokjin said, running his fingers through taehyung's hair in an attempt to straighten it out. "i want to platonically kiss your cheeks. do you need some water, baby?"

(friends calling each other baby is super cute ok fight me)

taehyung nodded, wrapping the blanket around him, attempting to keep the warmth in. "yes, please."

jimin, who was apparently confident and comfortable enough to get dressed in front of the other two, had just finished taking his pants off as he turned to the two boys who were still in bed. "would you like a bottle of water or is just a glass enough?"

"bottle," taehyung mumbled, closing his eyes. "i can take it to school with me."

jimin left the room (still pantless). seokjin turned to face taehyung. "did you talk to jeongguk at all this weekend?"

"i wanted to, but he kept making up some excuse not to talk, which either meant he was nervous or he absolutely hates my guts," the blonde responded, deciding to finally sit up. "i don't know. maybe things won't change and we'll just continue being assholes to each other."

seokjin suddenly sat up, causing the blanket to fly completely off of them and taehyung to jump.

"taehyung, here's a lesson on self-defense! if someone tries to stab you, say..." seokjin furrows his eyebrows, as if trying to figure out what to say. "you should say 'no, you stupid butthead'."

taehyung couldn't help but to stare at seokjin. "was that supposed to philosophical or something? inspirational? what are you going for here?"

the brunet sighed. "i don't know anymore. maybe i shouldn't become a therapist, huh? hey, i wonder what's taking jimin so long."

with almost perfect timing, the pantless, orange-haired boy threw open the door to the room, five watter bottles clutched tightly against his chest. taehyung felt his eyebrows raise in surprise. jimin pointed at the boy. "you."

"me?"

"my mom still hasn't left, surprisingly, and when i said you were thirsty, all of a sudden it was like the world was ending!" jimin tossed taehyung one of the water bottles. "so, boom, i got five water bottles and a lecture from my mom about how to treat my guests. you're welcome. what did jeongguk do now?"

"nothing, i hope," seokjin said, shaking his head. "do you want me to try asking him about it? we have a free period together."

taehyung nodded, rolling out of the bed, his arms reaching towards jimin's ceiling. "that sounds good. hey, chim, how are things going with you and yoongi?"

jimin dropped the rest of the water bottles, mouth opening and closing as he tried to figure out what to say. "we're good! hoseok and i totally didn't do anything ever!" he picked up the water bottles, laughing nervously. "did i drop these? you didn't see anything."

"right..." taehyung responded with raised eyebrows.

"get ready for school, you ass," jimin muttered, smacking taehyung on the arm. "i'm not going to be late because of you guys."

×

jeongguk shut his car door, backpack slung over his shoulder, before turning around and jumping back from the brunet standing before him. "seokjin, when the hell did you get there?" jeongguk asked, brushing a stray hair out of his face. "you almost scared me shitless."

"when did you all of a sudden decide that you don't want anything to do with taehyung? i mean, after everything we talked about this weekend, i'm honestly surprised you didn't flirt with him," seokjin had practically backed jeongguk up against the car, trapping the younger boy. 

"i've never been scared of my elders but shit, you can get pretty intense when you're actually mad." jeongguk laughed nervously.

"i'm not furious or anything," seokjin stated, rolling his eyes. "i'm just a bit upset because you refusing to talk to him hurt the boy. i mean, he didn't say that he was hurt, but it was kinda easy to see straight through him." 

jeongguk sighed, running a hand through his hair. "i felt like it would hurt him more if i tried talking to him. you know, because we used to fight all the time over some of the most stupid things when i didn't even want to do that, so what if i continued to do that? i'm not exactly the best at expressing my feelings. it would be better for both of us if we just tried being friends with other people." 

seokjin hummed. the older boy crossed his arms, tilting his head in the direction of jeongguk's car. "that's a nice car. do you mind if we take a quick ride in it somewhere before we have to get to our next class? i promise it won't take long." 

it was only a minute later that jeongguk was gripping onto his seatbelt, eyeing the speedometer anxiously. seokjin was going well over the speed limit, driving at almost an inhumane speed, and jeongguk would've been screaming if it weren't for seokjin being almost completely calm and the car stayed almost perfectly between the lines. "could you slow down a bit?"

"why should i?" seokjin asked, not taking his eyes off of the road.

"you could get pulled over! you might get your license taken o-or a ticket. seokjin, please, slow down!"

"okay, but first," seokjin reached over to the side of the steering wheel, "left or right?"

"what?!" jeongguk's eyes widened. the street they were on was coming to a turn; there was no going straight, only left or right.

seokjin gritted his teeth together. "left or right?" 

"right!"

jeongguk's closed his eyes tightly, waiting for a collision, but all he got was the car slowing to a stop. he opened his eyes, gasping for breath. they were facing a dead end.

seokjin slowly turned off the car, passing the keys to jeongguk before unbuckling his seatbelt. "all you see is a turn, you don't see the road ahead." the brunet opened the car door, not facing jeongguk. "it takes about a minute or two to get back to the school and you have five minutes before our free period ends. if you see taehyung, jimin, or hoseok, tell them i went home early." 

jeongguk stared, amazed, as seokjin got out of the car and shut the door behind him. 

tbh im rly happy with where i ended this chapter,,
im sorry if it's been a while since i updated this oof

very friendly reminder : iLy