TWENTY ONEㅡVILIFICATION

some namjin for u b4 we get back to the regularly scheduled taekook (((;

after haunted house :

namjoom awkwardly drummed his fingers against the steering wheel. seokjin's confession to him earlier about what had happened to him during the night of the school party left him feeling wracked with guilt, even if he wasn't entirely at fault, and he did everything in his power to avoid look at the brunette that was currently asleep in the passenger seat of his car.

his headlights illuminated seokjin's house; it was a fairly average sized house, just farther away from civilization than most others. he felt awkward sitting there with his car running, but what else could he do? he didn't want to just walk into the house, and he didn't have the heart to wake seokjin up, either.

a snort from the passenger seat caused both seokjin and namjoon to jump, the latter's thoughts being disrupted.

"are you okay?" namjoon asked, warily removing his white-knuckled grip from the wheel. "what even just happened?"

seokjin frowned. "i think whatever noise just came out of me made me scare myself awake."

namjoon couldn't help but to chuckle.

"it's not funny!" the older pouted. he looked through the windshield to the house sitting in front of them. "oh, this is my house. how long have we been here? i can't wait to get into my bed."

namjoon watched seokjin clutch onto the door handle. "you can get out now if you want. i mean, if you really want to continue sleeping the car, it's fine by me, but my intentions of bringing you here was to drop you off."

"it's too late for you to drive home by yourself, namjoon. you must be tired." seokjin's hand slowly slid off of the handle.

"i will admit that i'm tired, but i can still drive home."

seokjin shook his head. "no. i won't allow it. you should stay here tonight..." he faltered, giving namjoon a half-smile. "plus, i kinda don't wanna be alone tonight."

namjoon wasn't used to being treated so kindly by the elder, so he easily gave in, allowing the other to lead him towards the queen-sized mattress covered by a white duvet. it wasn't long before he was laying uncomfortably next to seokjin, staring up at the ceiling as he tried his best give the other boy space.

five minutes later, however, a pair of shaky arms wrapped around his torso and seokjin was pressing himself against his the younger's side, the boy's forehead nuzzling against namjoon's shoulder. the latter unconsciously put an arm around seokjin, pulling him closer.

"thank you," seokjin breathed out, voice low and drowsy. "i like you. i like you a lot. i'm not entirely sure what i mean by that, but i like you. you're making feel all warm and fuzzy inside and it's confusing, but it makes me forgot about him. about that. i'm sorry for acting like such a jerk to you that night."

namjoon was silent for a moment, shocked by the brunette's words. "it's okay, seokjin. i'm sorry too. we were both jerks that night."

seokjin giggled. "g'night, joonie."

"goodnight, jinnie," namjoon said, a smile slowly spreading across his lips.

this chapter was rly short buuuut i wasn't sure of what else to write,plus i like the way it ended

& next chapter will finally be taekook again !!! get ready 🅱ros