ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER FIVE

seokjin took a sip of the coffee hoseok had made for him and jeongguk, wrinkling his nose up nearly immediately and pretending to gag, much to the amusement of the youngest. the oldest set the mug down in front of him with a frustrated huff. hoseok crossed his arms over his chest and sighed before rolling his eyes and exiting the kitchen.

"hoseok makes such shitty coffee. seriously, how does one fuck up making coffee? it's just fucking coffee," seokjin grumbled as he stood from the chair to make the two of them a different pot of coffee. "anyway, what are you wanting to talk about that was bad enough for taehyung to reject helping you? i'm all ears."

the older could practically feel jeongguk's eyes burning into the back of his head as he poured water into the coffee machine, his head tilting when the other didn't make any signs of speaking. a soft sigh broke the silence of the younger, and jeongguk's voice was soft when he spoke. "i asked for help with my crush on yoongi."

seokjin dumped the other half of the water onto the ground.

"you what?" he whipped around to face the other, not caring enough to clean up the mess he had managed to make out of surprise. it was only water after all. "like, i don't care that you asked him for help with that, but- you have a crush on who? since when? you haven't talked to yoongi since high school, jeongguk, and he's like- a completely different person now! you're practically crushing on a complete stranger at this point."

"i know, but i was hoping you would at least help me!" jeongguk let out another harsh sigh, burying his head in his hands. "this is so annoying. you're supposed to be older and wiser than everybody here, and yet you probably reacted more immaturely than taehyung."

"i did not, i-! ugh, listen, gguk. i want to help you, and i'm going to. i was just a bit taken aback, okay? it was kinda surprising to me, but i'm not gonna not help you, alright? now be a doll and clean up this water so i can get this coffee made faster. the faster we're both at the table the faster i'm able to help you."

the brunette obliged, and it wasn't much later before the two were settled on the couch (which was "way comfier than the chairs at the table, huh?") with warm cups of coffee being gripped tightly in their hands. hoseok had been forced into hiding by seokjin, due to the youngest of the three not wanting everyone plus one to know about his little, maybe, possibly crush. 

jeongguk blew on the too-hot coffee as seokjin began speaking, the older's plump lips forming a small pout as he thought. "let's see... yoongi's very introverted, so you'll have to be patient if you expect this little crush of yours to go anywhere. the only reason you two ended up kissing was because of alcohol, but it could still mean that maybe somewhere inside of you there's a bit of feelings for him."

"i was thinking," jeongguk started after taking a small sip of his drink, "that somebody throw a small party. y'know, like one of those college parties everyone always hears about? and will we're there, i have a talk with yoongi once he's intoxicated, and maybe see if the alcohol makes him spill about whoever he may have a crush on. if he doesn't really have a crush, i win, right?"

"i wouldn't say you win, gguk. that makes yoongi sound like a game. which he isn't and i don't necessarily agree with your idea, either." seokjin shook his head slowly, his eyes falling shut. "it's immature and i can almost expect something like that coming from someone who's just barely in high school."

"but, seokjin, it might be the best thing we can do at this point! yoongi's stubborn as hell, i know that much. probably the only way i'll be able to figure anything out is by getting him drunk and interrogating him!" the youngest set down the coffee cup. he was clearly frustrated, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the brown liquid.

"i don't think-"

"no. i don't care how immature or childish it sounds, hyung. unless you have a better idea, it's what i'm sticking with it."

seokjin rolled his eyes, annoyed with the younger by now as he waved him off with a single hand, the other hand gripping tighter onto the mug. if jeongguk was just going to ignore his help, why would he go to the older in the first place? he could throw the stupid party and invite the entire friend group for all seokjin cared, but he wasn't going to let it go that easily.

maybe it would piss the younger off, but seokjin planned on telling yoongi. sure, it may ruin whatever chances jeongguk had, but he knew that the youngest never really had a chance in the first place. especially since yoongi had been sparing glances at hoseok lately, and he had overheard yoongi saying to namjoon that he missed seokjin's roommate more than he would like to admit. 

he might as well prevent the inevitable from happening in the worst way possible as soon as he could, right?

"whatever you say, gguk. i think our little talk here is finished. would you like some breakfast before you go?" seokjin asked, gesturing for jeongguk to finish his coffee. he didn't like when people left hungry, or without finishing whatever refreshments they needed until they were refreshed entirely.

"ah, i don't see why not," jeongguk replied, a small smile causing the corners of his lips to turn upright. "sure thing, hyung. is there anything i can help with?"

"yeah. yeah, you can help, gguk."

[a/n:] omg she isn't dead?? what is this??? an update???? is she actually trying for once????? stay tuned for more shitty and rushed chapters like this one !!!!1!