ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER FIFTEEN

this chapter is kind of more of a filler chapter so it's more about other members than taekook, but idk????????? i'm sorry?????? idk i'm sorry that it's bad :/

seokjin sat across from hoseok at their small dining table, latter's face stuffed with a variety of the breakfast foods that seokjin had made. the older knew he was a good cook, but never though he was good enough at cooking for hoseok to be able to practically suffocate himself with the food seokjin had made.

"calm down," he stated, setting his fork down next to his plate, hoseok glancing up at him with wide eyes. "you look like a fuckin' pokémon or something."

hoseok had to cover his mouth to protect himself from embarrassment when he inhaled a piece of fruit. his face was turning red from coughing, and it didn't help that seokjin had simply rolled his eyes and called hoseok a 'danger to himself and humanity'.

when the other was finally done choking, someone knocked loudly at the door, only causing him to choke on another bite of food. "fuck it," he mumbled out as he grabbed onto his glass of water, watching seokjin as the older stood to answer the door. "i'm just gonna die and accept my fate."

seokjin opened the door, his hand gripped tightly onto the knob as he eyed a very tired-looking yoongi up and down. "you're up early. don't you like- not have to go anywhere today? it's the weekend."

"i know it's the weekend. but i couldn't sleep at all because i was up thinking, and i need to talk to you and hoseok." the blonde glanced past seokjin's shoulder at a flushed hoseok, who seemed just as confused as the oldest. "like right now, or i'm not gonna be able to function like a normal human being."

with a raised eyebrow, seokjin stepped aside to allow the younger in. "uh, yeah- there's still some breakfast left. so unless you're going to choke on it like hoseok did, then you can help yourself."

yoongi made a beeline for the table, taking what had originally been seokjin's seat - the oldest didn't handle that very well at first, but reluctantly gave up after yoongi refused to lift his 'small little butt that somehow took up all of seokjin's space' - and placing his hands flat on the table. yoongi was, surprisingly, not slouched over. his back was straight, his eyes focused on his own knuckles. "i'm not making eye contact with either of you until i hear what you have to say after, because i don't want to see your faces until i know your reaction is an okay one."

"what's an example of an okay reaction?" hoseok asked, lifting another piece of fruit to his mouth, which wasn't stuffed this time. "like-"

"i'll be the judge of that," yoongi interrupted, his fingers tapping against the wood of the table. hoseok looked at seokjin with a confused expression. the older simply shrugged his shoulders. "i'm keeping it short and simple. i'm completely serious when i say this. do not laugh at me, or i will punch your baby makers. i love you."

the three sat in complete silence for a moment or so, though seokjin couldn't tell if it was tense or not. hoseok seemed completely relaxed, despite being confused, while yoongi was practically frozen in place and looked ready to dart out of the door at any minute. seokjin wasn't really sure how he felt. he wasn't relaxed, and he wasn't - not relaxed. he was just... there.

"you love who?" hoseok asked after about a minute of thinking, a piece of fruit lifted to his lips. "me or seokjin? what is happening? am i just stupid?"

yoongi lifted his head to glare at hoseok. seokjin was sure it wasn't because hoseok's response was an 'okay' reaction. "i said i wanted to come talk to both of you, so when i say 'i love you', i'm talking to both of you."

hoseok nibbled at his food. "why?"

seokjin wasn't sure if the other was just an idiot, or if he was actually a genius in getting the usually-silent yoongi to confess everything on his mind.

"because- i wish i fucking knew," yoongi replied with a soft huff. "hoseok has always been kind of like- a source of happiness since i first met him. and seokjin eventually just kinda became like a second home after a bit of getting to actually know him. i always thought i'd end up liking jimin, but over time i realized it was just because he was pretty. once i got to know him it was kind of like- jimin and i just felt like best friends. and now we are. jimin is the only person who really knows about the fact that there's literally something wrong with me, since i'm in love with two damn people."

seokjin let out a soft sigh. "yoongi, there's nothing-"

"no, don't say it. if you don't like it, just tell me to leave instead of making me feel like shit for it." yoongi forced himself into a standing position, avoiding eye contact with the older.

"i wasn't done talking, min yoongi, so sit the hell down and listen."

yoongi plopped back down into the seat. though his expression was almost blank, the slight surprise hidden in his eyes was still recognizable.

"i'm not going to sit here and listen to you talk down on yourself for having feelings, when there's nothing wrong with you just because you love two people at one time," seokjin began. his voice was unwavering, confident in his words. "there's nothing wrong with loving two people. most people think it's weird, or that it's considered being a player, because of the connotations surrounding it. but i think it's perfectly for you to love both of us. and i'm sure hoseok won't think any less of you, either."

"yeah, but-"

"no buts." this time it was hoseok who spoke up, waving his index finger in yoongi's direction. "so hush. if i'm being honest, yoongi, i can't deny that i've probably had a crush on you- what? about ten times since high school? we both practically fought over jimin at one point, and yet i still wasn't jealous. you're a wonderful person- and i wouldn't mind being with you. i can't say seokjin would feel the same, but... i'm an open-minded person. and i do feel the same. for you and seokjin, actually."

"what the fuck is happening?" seokjin blurted out, his hands smacking against the table and surprising both yoongi and hoseok. "why didn't you pieces of shits tell me sooner? if i had known two of the people i've been romantically confused about since damn forever were in fucking love with me and each other, we all could have been happily dating much sooner. but no, you fucking dumbasses had to act like this is all some sort of high school crush situation and be little schoolgirls."

hoseok covered his mouth, holding back laughter as he met seokjin's furious, yet playful, gaze. "seokjin, calm down. we-"

"no, you calm down!" seokjin jabbed his finger into hoseok's shoulder before quickly glancing at yoongi, who was staring up at the older with wide eyes. "min yoongi. i know you're unsure about this, about all of us and your feelings. so give it some thought. i'm not against poly-amorous relationship. i can't speak for hoseok, but from what i know, he's not against it either. so give it some thought. take a few days, or weeks if you need, to think about what you want, okay?"

yoongi nodded in agreement. he let out a soft grunt as he stood from the table again. "okay- okay. that sounds good. thank you, seokjin. thank you, hoseok."

"you don't need to thank us."