ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER NINE

jeongguk yanked open a large bag of potato chips, jumping at the large pop sound it made. he shook it off slowly before carefully placing the chips into a beautifully decorated glass bowl, even though he bought it for only a dollar at a thrift store downtown. he filled a few smaller bowls with different kinds of dips and placed them around the chips. to say that he was excited to be throwing a party would be an understatement. he had paid extra money in order to be able to pay for snacks and refreshments and decorations and entertainment.

the sound of the door to his dorm opening distracted jeongguk from his thoughts, and he quickly stood up to watch yoongi peer inside before letting out a soft grunt and tossing his things down onto the sofa. "wow, okay. you really are throwing a party, huh?"

"why wouldn't i be?" jeongguk asked, frowning slightly at yoongi's aggravated tone. "i gave everyone sticky notes and text messages and all that. i wouldn't just get their hopes up only for nothing to happen whatsoever."

"you never know," yoongi stated quietly, rolling his eyes dramatically. "you could just be pulling a prank on them. or worse, you could be throwing a party simply to damage whatever possibilities you may have had at a relationship with someone you're fairly close to simply because of, you know, childish impulsions?"

jeongguk froze in his spot, his fingers gently digging into a new bag of potato chips, crushing the chips  that were inside as he stared at yoongi with wide eyes. "you- what?" he didn't want to believe that seokjin had told yoongi about what had once been his plans, but what other reason could yoongi have to know almost exactly what jeongguk's original intentions for throwing the party had been before he was able to properly think about it.

"it's just a hunch."

"oh my god, you have to be shitting me," jeongguk groaned out, placing the bag of chips onto the table and shaking his head slowly. "let me guess, seokjin told you? yoongi, i promise you - i only thought about it once. only once, when i was angry and frustrated and wasn't thinking straight. i wasn't going to do it anymore after i thought about it, okay?"

"then why is alcohol still involved, jeongguk? either you're just trying to save your ass because i caught you, or you're just really that fucking stupid," yoongi spat. he plopped down onto the couch, crossing one leg over the other as he glared up at the slightly taller male.

"i wasn't- yoongi, listen to me! please. i cross my heart and hope to fucking die that i really wasn't going to actually do that to you. alcohol is only involved because it's an option that people can choose. don't get pissed at me, please," jeongguk pleaded, practically on his knees in front of the elder. "i'll do anything, just please believe me. i only thought about it once. please believe me."

the sound of yoongi grunting was followed by noises of yoongi shuffling into a standing position, patting jeongguk's head with an exaggerated sigh.

"i'll believe you, but that doesn't mean i'm not pissed at you still. you still thought of it. i can't get too mad at you for it, but thinking about practically spiking someone's drink just to investigate to see if they like you or not is both sickening and will only ensure that the answer you receive is the exact opposite of what you would be hoping."

jeongguk kept his head bowed as he listened to the almost tauntingly loud footsteps of yoongi making his way towards the door. he didn't want to make eye contact with the other. he knew, for sure, that he had fucked up beyond imagination.

yoongi stopped as he opened the door, not bothering to turn his head to face jeongguk's slumped over figure. "oh, and i will be coming to your party tonight. only for a bit, to see what it's about, and because my friends will be there as well. we're just friends, gguk, okay? nothing more. and whatever we had at the time? over. capisce?"

"yeah. capisce."

[a/n:] cue the short and cringey chapters bc i'm rushing everything n havent been active < 3