ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER THREE

taehyung wasn't really sure what to feel.

with jeon jeongguk— who he didn't have feelings for anymore, mind you— standing directly across from him as they got ready to play a mini game of paintball before going out to lunch, taehyung's mind was boggled with thoughts that he couldn't quite comprehend.

"so," the boy in question spoke up, clearing his throat in an obvious attempt to rid of the slight tension in the air as they all situated themselves in their vest. "how good are you guys at paintball? am i gonna get my ass kicked or am i going to be doing the ass kicking?"

namjoon laughed quite loudly in response, patting jeongguk on the arm. "i wouldn't be surprised if taehyung started immediately beating your ass."

"namjoon." seokjin shifted his own vest a bit before letting out a soft huff, shifting his gaze to glare at the slightly younger male before elbowing him in the ribs. "shut the fuck up about that. we're here to have a fun time and not focus on the past, you dick."

"weenie, seokjin," corrected taehyung with a slight roll of his eyes; the group was in public and surrounded by kids. swearing wasn't necessary.

jeongguk looked at taehyung, who blushed out of 'anger' and look at the ground, with a small half-smirk. "so you're going to censor him for the word dick, but not for the word fuck? that's a bit strange if you ask me, blondie."

"because most kids have parents that say fuck all the time," taehyung explained, mumbling softly as he pretended to fix the loose vest. "i don't think any parent wants to have to explain what a dick is, jeongguk— and don't call me blondie again, please. thanks."

"i didn't agree to not calling you blondie, but you're welcome, i guess." the younger male patted taehyung on the shoulder, a much too-friendly gesture that taehyung wasn't quite used to sharing with jeongguk. he had only ever shared touches of love and lust with jeongguk, and before that the two had never touched— they had despised each other, after all.

to put a long story short, taehyung wasn't used to jeongguk sharing contact with him like this, but he supposed he would have to learn to get used to it. besides, it wasn't like the younger would ever wish to fall in love with him again. the blonde understood that much, at least.

"taehyungie~!" a high-pitched voice whined as a pair of legs had wrapped around his waist— somebody had jumped onto his back, and it was, of course, the one and only park jimin, who had come to save the day once again. "stop being a butthead to ggukie and let's go play some paintball! it's time to relieve ourselves from the stress that is university. i called dibs on being the captain of team a, and you're my first pick for the team! it's your turn, yoongi."

the second oldest sighed before nodding his head in jeongguk's direction, signaling that he wanted the youngest on his team before looking at jimin impatiently. "hurry it up, short stuff. we don't have all day for you to yell about who gets to pick next."

"shut up. you're a terrible dom," jimin retorted, sticking his tongue out at yoongi before nodding to seokjin. "i think my team is done, unless whoever is left picks our team instead of yours."

"of course you pick taehyung and seokjin. it's just like before the whole taegguk thing started and ended so abruptly," namjoon mumbled as he stumbled over to yoongi's side after being lazily picked by the older. "yoongi, jeongguk, and i were all friends, you three were all friends, and hoseok was just sort of there."

"excuse me, but i wasn't just 'sort of there'!" hoseok scoffed, locking arms with taehyung, who had just barely managed to keep jimin on his back. "i was going to have you guys do 'rock, paper, scissors' to see who gets me on what team, but i think i'm gonna have to side with the people who call me angel, thanks. and jimin was right, yoongi, you are a terrible dom."

"i don't think anyone here is a proper fuckin' dom," seokjin mumbled, rolling his eyes as he abruptly— but also gently— tugged jimin off of taehyung's back. "let's get going, gays, before namjoon pees his pants with complete excitement."

namjoon looked up in confusion. "what do you mean? i'm not even-"

"it's called sarcasm, idiot. i don't understand why i'm still friends with any of you."

×

"it was a nice game, taehyung."

the words kept repeating themselves in taehyung's mind as he awkwardly sat on hoseok's lap as the group had scrambled throughout yoongi and jeongguk's shared dorm, letting the older gently nip at his neck. there was something oddly strange about the whole situation. why did it hurt so much watching yoongi and jeongguk awkwardly fiddle with each other's jeans, trying to figure out who was going to be on top (since yoongi was such a 'horrible dom' but jeongguk also wanted to be the bottom), when he was being given nearly the same attention by jung hoseok?

as jeongguk's taehyung shifted a bit in hoseok's lap before attempting to make eye contact with anyone but the younger. however, since seokjin and jimin had decided they weren't in the mood to be around the others and had headed off to their own dorms, the only person left was namjoon, who was watching the four in anticipation, a cigarette dangling from his lips.

"what are you waiting for, kim number three?" namjoon asked, voice muffled slightly. "your man is waiting for you. go get him, tiger."

and though hoseok, let out a quiet chuckle that tickled the tan skin of his neck, taehyung knew that namjoon meant someone completely different.

!!

tbh, i know that absolutely no one (besides probably jess, ily bb) is reading this anymore, but i didn't just want to leave it be. plus, it's starting to grow on me again!!1!

i hope that (whoever u are) enjoyed this "long awaited" chapter. more should be on the way soon, & hopefully they'll b longer than this one xd

muah xo