TWENTY SEVENㅡNOTORIETY

"i think it's best if we take a break."

jeongguk's words rang through taehyung's head, his eyesㅡnow dry of tears, but still sad nonethelessㅡunmoving from the blank white of his bedroom ceiling. it would make sense that the other would want a break; taehyung was being terribly clingy, never wanting to leave the other be and not understanding when jeongguk said 'personal space.'

but could you blame him? insecurity wracked his brain after the incident with jimin, yoongi, and hoseok, and he couldn't help but feel the same would happen to him and his boyfriend.

however, he clearly pushed his limits, successfully annoying his significant other even if he hadn't intended to.

and now, they were on a break. no, they weren't officially over, but jeongguk needed some time away from the needy blonde, and that obviously wasn't going to happen unless he did something about it.

and jeongguk did, and now taehyung was sad, and jimin couldn't talk to him because of his phone, and seokjin seemed to refuse contact with the younger.

taehyung couldn't blame seokjin for that; he was constantly all over seokjin, the older giving him endless help and advice as soon as possible, always listening to everything seokjin had to say.

on the other hand, seokjin rarely went to taehyung for helpㅡtwo times was the max of this school year. the most recent time, taehyung pushed the older away because 'it couldn't be that important!' the first time, taehyung was a month too late to help seokjin out.

really, all taehyung felt he had been doing lately was shoving away the people he wanted and needed most. and now there was nothing for him to do about it.

×

jeongguk groaned, rolling his eyes at the blonde male. "could you stop following me everywhere? you can't come to class with me."

taehyung frowned. "but i just love you so much that i can't go a minute without you." he dragged the last word out, sticking his lip out in a mini pout, his hand grabbing onto the other's.

"can you seriously fuck off?" jeongguk snatched his hand away from taehyung. "stop throwing tantrums just because we can't do everything together. honestly, it's attracting unnecessary attention and makes you look immature. act your age."

taehyung scoffed. "that's not a very nice thing to say to your boyfriend."

"oh my god! why do you always use that stupid fucking boyfriend excuse, it's not even-" jeongguk shook his head, running a hand through his hair. "look, taehyung, i really do love you, but you're getting on my last fucking nerve i need some damn space."

"gukkie, what are you saying?"

the other male shook his head. "i'm sorry, really, but i think it's best if we take a break. i just...i need some time to think, okay?"

"jeongguk, don't do this," taehyung choked out. "i will- i don't- i'll stop being so clingy! i can go to class right now and we can stay together and not have to worry-"

"if i hadn't just addressed the fact that there's a serious problem i'm having here, this relationship would just turn into me hating you, and i don't want you to feel like you need to be in a relationship with me. you don't need to be dependent on me just because we're dating. the best thing to do here is to take a break until i've had space and time to think and you've had space and time to go back to being taehyung again."

jeongguk simply walked away after that, leaving taehyung to stare at the wall and regret whatever it was he had done.

taehyung didn't know it, but jeongguk would regret what he did, too.