ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER TWO

"so, you're back, huh?"

"yep." jeongguk nodded, lips pressed together in a thin line as he turned to face yoongi, the elder leaning against the metal rail of the balcony. "are you surprised?"

grunting, yoongi shrugged. "can't say i am, since you were only studying abroad, but i am surprised i got stuck in a dorm with you. and that you happened to come to this university in particular— damn, have the cicadas always been this loud?"

"guess we got lucky, huh?" jeongguk let out a soft chuckle, smiling widely.

"i guess so," yoongi mumbled in reply. he didn't return the smile. "it may not seem like it, but we all missed you. namjoon, hoseok, jimin, and he may not act like it but i think taehyung missed you the most. seokjin probably missed you, but he also probably doesn't miss how awkward things got when—"

"wait, wait, yoongi shut up for a second," the younger stammered out, furrowing his eyebrows. "back up a bit."

yoongi took a step back.

"not like that, idiot! i meant go back to what you said before you started talking about seokjin." he rolled his eyes and sat in one of the small chairs nearby.

the blonde male hummed. "you mean back to how taehyung probably misses you the most?"

"yeah, that." jeongguk leaned back in the chair, crossing his arms over his chest. "who the hell is taehyung and why would he miss me the most?"

"are you— don't joke with me like that, jeongguk, you little prick or i swear i'll kill you in your sleep— and i know where you sleep now."

"i'll ask somebody to switch rooms with me, then," jeongguk stated, shrugging and somehow choosing to ignore the fact that yoongi seemed to believe he was joking. if the older believed he knew whoever this taehyung was, then so be it. "it's not that deep."

"mhm, yeah, no. you're stuck with me and the cicadas, jackass," yoongi said, finally letting a smile and laugh slip out. "welcome home, jeongguk."

×

jeongguk wasn't sure how he had gotten here, with seokjin's arms hugging around him, the older male apologizing about ten thousand times whilst sobbing into the younger's shoulder, piles of food specifically for him, seokjin— and the not-so-surprise third party and seokjin's roommate hoseok— set out across the small counters of seokjin's dorm's kitchen. 

"calm down, seokjin," hoseok crossed one leg over the other as he leaned against the arm of the love seat, resting his cheek on his hand. "you're gonna scare the poor boy away before he even gets the chance to sit down."

"oh, right! get a plate, grab as much food as you want, take a seat, get comfy—" seokjin rushed around the small dorm, mumbling anxiously to himself as he set out three plates and repositioned a few couch cushions before glaring at hoseok, who was in the way of him fixing up the cushions of the love seat.

jeongguk smiled softly at the sight of the oldest fussing around with the smallest of things as he grabbed onto a plate, loading it up with some of the mouthwatering food before heading to sit take a seat next to hoseok. "the food smells lovely, seokjin."

"it better," seokjin grumbled quietly, filling up a plate and plopping down on the small coffee table in front of hoseok. "i busted my ass making it, because somebody refused to help."

"hey! don't get mad at me!" hoseok frowned, picking up the full plate carefully and setting it on his lap, avoiding seokjin's angry glare.

"yeah, yeah, whatever— so, jeongguk," the older male headed back over the counters of food, "how does it feel to be back? what are you majoring in?"

jeongguk held the plate up with one hand, the other holding a small fork up to his mouth. "i'm majoring in dance. you know, the fine arts and stuff. i've always had an interest in them." he shrugged and shoved the forkful of food into his mouth. his eyes widened immediately at the taste, but since he was taught not to speak with his mouth full, he chewed quickly as hoseok nodded his head in approval.

"i'm majoring in dance, too," the latter replied, taking a much smaller bite of food, allowing him to chew and swallow a lot faster. "although, maybe that wasn't such a good idea, seeing as it might not get me anywhere... but it's what i want to do." 

"i'm taking on a double major, in acting and graphic design. it's gonna be the death of me but at least i'll get two separate degrees," the oldest mumbled, returning to sit on the floor between hoseok's calves, though there was plenty of other places to sit.

jeongguk hummed softly, finally swallowing the large amount of food. "this food is heavenly. you should've majored in culinary arts."

"excuse me, but i was born a culinary artist," seokjin scoffed. "i don't need classes for that shit."

seokjin let out a tiny giggle as hoseok gently smacked him on the back of the head. "we get it, you're a good cook. anyway, let's not forget that we were supposed to jeongguk if he wanted to hang out with all of us tomorrow, almost like a little reunion. would you like to come? you could probably just get a ride with yoongi and—"

"oh!" seokjin interrupted, causing hoseok to roll his eyes in faux annoyance. "taehyung's gonna be there, also. i don't know if that's going to change much or just make things awkward, but i don't think it should. you and him should be fine, right? that was four years ago, and it's not like you guys haven't moved on."

"uh, yeah, it won't be a problem," jeongguk mumbled as he took another bite of food. he still wasn't quite sure of who this 'taehyung' person was, but if seokjin and yoongi were so sure that he knew who they were, then he wasn't going to burst their bubbles.

"be ready by noon, then— you don't want to keep yoongi waiting for too long, hm?" hoseok sent jeongguk a small wink, followed by a wide, bright smile.

"yeah," he said to himself. "noon."

omg !!1!1 it's been a while since i've updated this— or updated anything other than my personal, really. and i came back with something probably really shitty, but eh, oh well.

i was going to update this a l o n g time ago, but i got a shit ton of writer's block and just really didn't want the stress that came with it and wanted to enjoy my summer break before i actually becAme stressed. (also, my phone stopped working properly and my pc sucks so that's that.)

 bUT since my writer's block is gone and school starts next week, i'm gonna be writing a bit more and this will hopefully get updated more !! yay to finally being productive.

okay, ily all !!! please remember to always get plentY of rest and drink enough water each day and just take care of yourselves <333 i'll see you soon