TWENTY EIGHTㅡIGNOMINY

it had been a month or two since the incident between jeongguk and hoseok had happened, but taehyung really wasn't feeling any better. as much as he wanted to hate jeongguk, wanted to hate what he did, he couldn't help but want to wrap his arms around the boy every single time he saw him. and it hurt.

it hurt a lot.

but some good things did come out of the situationㅡthough he refused to admit it.

though he technically still wasn't allowed to hang out with jimin after school, at least he learned his friend had gotten over hoseok leaving him, and had also vowed to keep his heart out of any friendship; this meaning, he planned on making up with yoongi and hoseok, and eventually they would all forgive each other for the pain each one of them caused.

namjoon took his time to get to know taehyung better, and treated taehyung as if he was his little brother. it made the younger feel warm inside, and he was grateful to have namjoon show him such great respect.

hoseok apologized to taehyung, stating how he just wanted revenge for what jimin did, but soon realizing after taehyung entered jeongguk's room that what he did was childish. "taehyung, you didn't deserve a single bit of that, and i'm so sorry. i understand if you don't want to forgive me."

taehyung would never forget how happy he was when he talked things out with hobi, his angel.

seokjin and yoongi probably made him the happiest, though.

seokjin easily forgave taehyung, kissing taehyung's cheeks and telling him he would be there for him, that he would kick jeongguk's ass if he needed to. he made taehyung food, sang taehyung (and yoongi too, to both male's surprise) to sleep, took taehyung to see movies and little ducks that swam in ponds at the park and the view of the skyline at night.

and yoongi refused to leave taehyung alone, always tagging along when seokjin took him somewhere, because he made a promise, and he didn't want to break it. it was the closest yoongi had ever gotten to someone platonically, the older stated. that made taehyung feel honored.

however, no matter how much his other friends tried, there was still the feeling of grief that jeongguk was gone. no longer his.

and that was the worst feeling of all.

×

the last month of school went by faster than taehyung had expected it to, and it was the last day of school.

the day before seokjin, namjoon, and hoseok would be graduating.

taehyung couldn't tell what he should feel more: proudness, or pain?

proud that his friends would be opening a door to a new chapter of their lives? yes.

pain that seokjin would be moving two hours away to attend university? yes.

proud that hoseok would be following his dreams of becoming a songwriter? yes.

pain that he might never get to be as close with namjoon ever again? yes.

but he pushed that aside when the three soon-to-be graduates invited him and the rest of their friends to their graduation party that was to be thrown at a nearby parkㅡwhich namjoon spent all of that week's paycheck from the grocery store to rent out, bless his broke heart.

he was happy, really. of course he didn't mind that there would alcohol and possibly drugs and jeongguk at this lovely party.

note the sarcasm.

but at least, thanks to whatever blessing from above, jimin was allowed to goㅡalong with a majority of the senior class. and the more people there were, the more likely he was to be distracted from the person he wanted to see the least.