The Start Of It All

Your POV

My name is Y/n Cabello. You may know my last name from my little sister Camila, former member of Fifth Harmony, and current rising solo artist. My life was fine and dandy until Camila auditioned of the X Factor. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for her, but now I'm the outcast. My parents worry about Sofia and Camila, not me.

My childhood was okay. I didn't have many friends then. I kept to myself most of the time. It felt like the natural thing to do. At home my life was great. Camila, Sofia and I got along. If something ever went wrong for them they'd come to me and I would do whatever it took to make them happy again. Camila was my little Shadow, no matter where I went she'd be right behind me. You may think it got annoying, but it never did to me, I liked that she looked up to me enough to follow me around. Camila stopped following me when she was around 9. Which left Sofia. She did the same thing as Camila. But that had to stop when I went off to college. I remember when I was told about the X Factor.

~~~~~~Flash Back~~~~~~

I was sitting in my dorm room, finishing my paper when I had a phone call from Camila, now of course I answered it, I just didn't expect what I heard on the other line.

"Y/N/N, I'M AUDITIONING FOR THE X FACTOR." I had to pull the phone away from my ear due to her yelling.

"Wow, I'm so happy for you Shadow. When are you auditioning?" I ask.

"Thanks, Monkey. And I'm on the wait list so I may not even get to audition. But, I still go to the arena just incase. We're going next week." She says. I can tell she's still smiling. I look over at my calendar to see I have no classes next week.

"That's great to here. I'm sure you're going to make it Cam. You have an incredible voice. They'll regret not having you." I say.

"Thanks, Monkey. I miss you. Are you going to be able to come to my audition?" She asks, I can sense the hope in her voice. I sigh sadly

"Sorry Cam, I can't make it. But, I'll call when I can to see how your doing. Okay?" I ask, I can hear her sniffle.

"But, I need you there, your my good luck charm." I can hear her starting to cry.

"Noooo, don't cry Shadow. I'll see what I can do. Is Mami there with you?" I ask her, hoping she is so I won't feel as bad.

"Umm, yea hang on one second...." I can hear her talking to our mom in the background.

"Y/n what's wrong? Why is your sister crying?" Mami asks worriedly. I sigh.

"I may have told her I couldn't make it next week. But, I want to surprise her at her audition. Are you and Papa able to help me?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course we will mija. I'll text you later with the details." I thank her before saying goodbye to Camila, who is still upset. I promise her I'll make it up to her when I visit again. A few minutes later I get the location and time of her audition from my mom, and start making arrangements.

~~Day of Audition~~

Today is Camila's audition ,and she still has no clue I'm here. I text my mom asking where they are and she tells me they are in line to get signed in. I quickly make my way over to where the sign in is. Once there I immediately make eye contact with my dad who is smiling my way, and nudges my mom, who also looks up and sees me. Camila is pacing and talking to her self. I laugh softly at her, and soon make eye contact with Sofia. She sprints over to me as fast as her little legs can carry her. I smile and walk towards her crouching down so she can hug me. She jumps into my arms and latches onto me. I hug her back, running my hand up and down her back seeing, as I can feel her tears on my neck.