Family Issues

Your POV

I freeze looking at Camila's phone. "How does she know?" I ask looking up to Camila, Sofi not paying attention to anything around her as she eats and plays with the stuffed animal I won her. "Umm Y/n?" Camila whispers pointing behind me. I look and see a couple of girls taking our photos and most likely posting them. Great. I think to myself.

"Hey Sof, you ready to go?" I ask already getting up from our table with Camila and I's garbage. She looks at me confused at my sudden rush but nods and picks up the garbage from her food and throws it away as well. She reaches for my hand, I look to Camila questioning whether or not I should but she comes over and picks up Sofi. "Sorry Sof, you can hold her hand later, okay?" Camila asks whispering in Sofia's ear. She looks between us still confused but nods nonetheless. I grab the stuffed animals I won them and follow behind Camila to the car.

Thankfully we make it to the car with no one else around. "What do we do now?" Camila asks after having set a sleeping Sofia in the car. "I guess I bring you guys back to my place and you can go home, or you could stay and we can all face mom and dad tomorrow." I say pulling out of the parking spot. "You sure it's okay we stay the night? I mean we don't have any clothes." I nod, "Of course, and you guys can borrow some clothes." I say, I glance over and see her nod, "Okay thanks Y/n/n." She says, "And sorry our day got ruined." She mumbles the last part. "Hey," I reach over and take her hand in mine, "Our day was not ruined. If anything it gets better because now I get to spend even more time with you guys. And I'm not complaining about that." I chuckle towards the end causing her to laugh a little. "There's that smile." I say causing her to laugh more and nudge my shoulder.

"Thanks for today Y/n/n." Camila says as we walk to my apartment from the elevator, Sofi still asleep in my arms. "Of course, minus what happened at the park, I had a great time with you guys. I never really understood what I was missing out on without you guys, but now that I know I don't want to let it go." I smile down at her causing her to smile back. "Y/n, you never told me you had a girlfriend let alone a kid." My neighbor said walking out of her apartment. "Oh, um... no that's not what this is Mrs. Glasbey." Mrs. Glasbey has been my neighbor since I moved here. I had met her before I had met the Cimorelli girls. She had invited me over for dinner once I was settled in and I had learned her husband was killed in action during the Gulf War from 1990-1991. She had moved here shortly after his death to look for a new start. She has honestly become a mother figure to me.

"Oh, my apologies dear

"Oh, my apologies dear. Well I'll let you get back to what you were doing. Don't be afraid to stop by for dinner soon Y/n. It's wonderful having you over." I smile politely at her, "Of course, see you soon Mrs. Glasbey." She nods and heads towards the elevator. Camila and I watch and once the elevator doors close we burst out laughing, but quietly to not wake Sofi. I unlock my door and immediately stop my laughter when I see who's in front of me. "Y/n?" Camila asks, she can't see them because she's behind me. She steps to the side to see who it is.

"Y/n." They say. "M-Mom, D-Dad." I stutter. After about 6 almost 7 years later I am face to face to who Camila says is the whole reason for me being outcast. I quickly walk over to my room to set Sofi down. I cover her with a blanket and walk back into the living room to see my 'parents' and Camila in an argument.

"Why are you with her Karla?" My 'mom' asks. "Because she has done nothing wrong. She is not who you said she was. She never ignored me. She wanted to talk to me but you changed my number and made that basically impossible for her to talk to Sofi and I. She's you first born why treat her the way you have?" Camila asks. I was about to interrupt until I heard Camila's question. I stop and listen wanting to know this answer myself. "She wasn't supposed to be here. She was an accident. She was never going to live up to your talent and Sofia's potential. It was better that you and your sister not be near her." My 'mother' explained.

"So, that's all I was to you? A mistake?" I speak up, making my presence known. All they do is nod, while Camila looks like she's about to cry. "Then why keep me? Why not put me up for adoption?" I ask, tears building in my eyes. "You were still our kid. We weren't letting you go. We were told we couldn't have kids, but then we had you. So we kept you then a year later Camila came. We loved having you both and then when Sofia came everything got that much better. But when Camila told us how she wanted to audition for XFactor and we had heard her sing. We started to wonder where we went wrong with you. I mean you went to college to learn about computers. What kind of job is that going to give you? We didn't want you and your nerdiness to influence Camila and her career so we told her you didn't want to be around her or talk to her. And it worked for a little while until we saw the pictures of you three at Disney today." Alejandro explained.

I looked at them with my mouth open. "Wow, I knew you never really cared about me but you just confirmed all of it. So, thanks... Now get out of my apartment before I call the police." I said through gritted teeth. They didn't even say anything all they did was walk out. "Some parents" I mumbled but Camila heard. "I'm so sorry Y/n" Camila whispered. I just sighed. "When Sofi wakes up, I need you guys to leave to." I say my back to her. "I can't be around anyone right now. I need time to think." I'm assuming she agrees as I hear nothing behind me. I walk into my room and lay on my bed staring at my ceiling.

"Why am I such a failure? My own parents don't even love me. My girlfriend cheated on me, probably has been for who knows how long. Maybe it's time I get away from all of this." I say to myself. I get up and get my Macbook off of my desk. I open safari and search for plane tickets out of the U.S. "I need to leave the country." I say. Once I find the ticket, I book the flight for next Saturday at 6 in the morning.

Looks like I have to start my life over again.

A/n: I finally got this done. It's not my best work but it's okay. I hope you guys enjoy. Sorry its kind of short.

Even though I know where Y/n is going where would you want her to travel to?

I also want some input from you guys as to what else you want to have happen in this story. Hopefully I'm able to get at least another 10-15 chapters/ updates into this before I it comes to an end.... That is if I can even think of a way to end this rollercoaster haha.

Thanks for reading

~M