0.1

"Welcome to our new home, honey". Mr. Pearson smiled at his daughter. Kate smiled brightly back at him. Their new house was like a palace and she wasn't used to anything else. The town they moved to, called Riverdale, looked cute and actually quite aesthetic. She could totally imagine herself shooting pictures at the crack of dawn, when the mist hung above the trees and coated the landscape with a mysterious fog that pulled the attention of her camera everytime. "Why don't you look around for a bit?". Mrs. Pearson caressed her beautiful daughter's face. "We have to arrange some small things and then we will be back, I think after dinner time even".

Kate wasn't surprised her parents already had something to do five minutes after they had set their first footsteps in the new house. It was totally new, so new that no one else had lived here before. Her father, John Pearson, bought the ground this house was build on. It took a couple months before they could move from Washington to here, but today was the day. Kate wasn't sure why her parents wanted to move here, she guessed it had something to do with the business of her father. She didn't dare to ask, it wasn't her business after all. "Yes, take a look around". Her father added before he opened the door for Jessica Pearson and they walked out of the house.

The door fell close with a loud thud and the silence filled the wide living room again. Kate swallowed hard and shook her arms out of the sleeves of her coat, straightening her skirt and tucking her hair behind her ear. Her eyes studied the features of the house, friendly, yet strict. Exactly the reflection of her father. She wandered upstairs, opening the door to her room. Some stuff was still in boxes, but the rest of her stuff, the interior as a sofa, a queen sized bed, a flatscreen TV, it was all in there. Kate sat down on her bed with a sigh, gnawig on her lower lip as she wasn't in the mood to stay inside.

With a swift move, the blonde stood up, checking the weather outside. The rain had calmed down to some small droplets and she decided to get changed into some more comfortable clothes, wanting to take a run and see where in the town she would end up. Kate's long strands were gathered in a ponytail, a sports bra and a thin jacket replacing the button up she wore earlier and her skirt made place for some running shorts. She connected her earphones to her iPhone and zipped the zipper of the pocket in the jacket up. Kate locked the door behind her, putting the single key in her other pocket.

Kate breathed in the evening air of Riverdale and started her run, chosing to take a left at the end of the street she lived in. She loved running, it was a moment for herself where she could clear the mess inside her head and get everything lined up properly again. She looked around at the streets of this town, the houses nice and preppy. Yet there hung something mysterious over this town she couldn't really put her finger on yet. The rain became drizzle rain, soft and small droplets that didn't look that worse, but could get you completely soaked in five minutes. Kate checked her watch and saw she was away for half an hour already.

She stood still to see the road from here being endlessly straight. It was more calm than the other streets she had ran through as well. Kate looked over her shoulder and the darkness was the only thing behind her. She couldn't make a short cut back home yet, so she decided to continue her run and see what was at the end of the road. Kate didn't like the silence here. It wasn't a comfortable and peaceful silence, but the kind that told you something was lurking in the dark. Her heart hammered against her chest when she heard the low rumble of an engine. Kate looked over her shoulder and saw the headlight of a motorcycle. The moment was too cliche and she was about to laugh if she wasn't too scared.

She looked back in front of her, if she just ignored it, the person was going to ignore her too. The blonde started to run faster, not on purpose, just her instinct telling her to run. Her breath became heavier and she had to breathe through her mouth now. Kate didn't pay attention to anything else beside the sound of the motorcycle nearing her, her heart skipping a couple beats meanwhile. A squeak left her mouth as she tripped over the edge of the pavement, blocking her fall with her hands as her knee scraped over the ground. "Jesus, Kate". She mumbled to herself, roughly pulling her earphones out.

Kate barely had a chance to stand up as the motorcycle stopped next to her, causing her to crawl away from him. She got back up on her feet, collecting her earphones. He took his helmet off and hung it around the handles of the motorcycle. "You know, if I filmed that fall, you'd go just as viral as that crazy in the head Andrews dude with his video". His voice was deep and somehow had a warm sound tucked in the hoarse and low tone. "Just leave me alone, I have no idea what you're talking about". Kate said and attempted to walk away from him, which went just as smooth as her fall.

The biker let out a chuckle, seeing how she was struggling with her bruised knee. He lazily stepped off his motorcycle and easily kept up with his bigger steps. "Where are you heading?". He asked Kate and stood in the middle of her path. Kate looked up at him with big eyes as she didn't want to become his target. "You're on the wrong side of the town, northie". He snarled and cocked his head sideways. His figure was terrifying, she dared to say he was a couple foot taller than her and his arms were crossed over his chest, the leather slightly shining under the moon. Kate didn't dare to say a word, she didn't have any idea where she was.

"You truly don't know what I'm talking about, do you, sweetheart?". Her cheeks heated up at the nickname and she shook her head. "Long story short, this isn't your territory. Hop on and I'll take you back to the good side of the town". He simply stated. "Where girls like you belong". The corners of his mouth curled into a wicked grin. She looked over at his bike, shaking her head. "No thanks, I'll walk back". Kate replied and was about to turn around. She gasped as his hand curled around her wrist and she bumped into his hard chest. "With a fucked up knee and a killer on the loose, that sounds great, doesn't it?". Her eyes widened at what he said. "Now let this helmet fuck up your perfect hair for once and hop on". He handed her his helmet and she hesitantly took it.

"It's dangerous". Kate mumurred and he rose an eyebrow at her as if he had to repeat the words he told her before. "Listen, goody two shoes. There are more guys like me out here and they aren't as friendly as I am. You're lucky I'm in a good mood". She locked the strap beneath her chin and squeaked as he lifted her onto his motorcycle, taking his place in front of her. "I'm not so fond of slow driving, princess. You better hold on tight". Kate awkwardly wrapped her arms around his waist, her face close to his back. She now saw the logo that was stitched onto the back of his jacket, which made her swallow hard as she was sure her parents would never allow someone like him escorting her home.

While driving out of the South side of Riverdale, Kate had shouted her adress in his ear. She was glad to see the car of her parents hadn't returned on the porch yet, which meant that she could keep this all a secret and forget about it. With a groan, she swung her leg over the back of his motorcycle, telling herself to bite through the pain and make it look like she was okay. Kate handed the helmet back to him, looking into his chocolate eyes, pure choclate as they were almost as dark as the night. "Thank you". Her voice was soft and it seemed to soften the hard look in his eyes a slight bit as well.

He didn't reply anything and was about to take off again, letting the engine roar. "Wait, please". He looked over his shoulder before he left. "What's your name?". She asked and he wouldn't know why she wanted to know his name.

"The name's Sweet Pea, princess". And with that his lips curled up into a grin before speeding away into the darkness again.