2.8

When the raindrops fell, down from the sky. The day he left her, an angel cried. Oh she cried. An angel cried. However Kate knew she wasn't an angel by far. The things Ethel had said were true, very true and she hadn't had the nerve to tell it to Sweet Pea before others did. And she was too late now. Kate watched Sweet Pea walking out of the auditorium and she was quick to dry her watery eyes. She didn't want to be humiliated like that in public. Whispers of other students sounded as Kate turned back to Ethel. "You probably think you did good, that you made a smart move with this. To display the evil like that and present yourself as an angel. But you know what Ethel? With this you just showed the rest of the students that you're no better than Veronica or me. I hope you're happy now". Kate said, her heels audible on the floor as she tried to walk after Sweet Pea. She didn't want to hear anyone saying something in response to what she just said, so she ran around the corner as fast as she could on those heels. The emergency door of the hallway was closing slowly and she assumed he had gone out there.

Kate stood in the door opening as the rain was pouring out of the sky. Sweet Pea was about to put his helmet on and noticed her standing there in the doorway. They briefly looked eyes and he shoved his helmet over his face, closing the black visor and speeding away from her and the school. Kate swallowed hard, wanting to control the heavy lump in her throat, yet it definitely won the match against her emotions. She was fed up with it all now and she made her way to the toilet, hoping all of the stalls were free and no one was there, so she could sit down on the toilet and have a good cry about her miserable life of the moment. She opened the door and instantly broke down, leaning against the wall of the stall and letting out the sobs of breaking up with Sweet Pea. His face was the thing that had hurt her the most. Sweet Pea's expressions reflected treason and pain, the two combined making her cry harder than ever. She should've been honest with him. She should've stood up for herself more towards her parents.

The blonde held her breath as the door opened and she heard people coming in. "That day that Weatherbee announced that Southside High was closing, you acted like you didn't know". Betty's voice sounded and it made Kate come out of the stall. "Kate". Betty's tone immediately softened as she saw her ruined makeup from crying. "I'm okay, just continue". She sighed and moved to the mirror to wipe the mascara stains away. Veronica stood behind her, looking rather uncomfortable that Betty was confronting her like that. "You're acting like I'm the only one guilty here, but next to me is another one". She dared to say, making Kate look up. "Excuse me? Betty was with me when I found out my parents worked together with yours to close Southside High. I don't know shit about all of your toxic plans with my family because I keep myself out of that. I want to live a normal life and not yours, Veronica. Thanks for ruining my relationship". Kate bit back. Veronica briefly looked at her and then focussed on Betty again. "When my parents asked me to help them, I didn't feel like I could say no". She stammered and Kate rolled her eyes. "Of course you could've!". Kate and Betty went in stereo.

"You could've told your parents that you didn't want to be their accomplice, or could've told us the truth. Instead you just played us like fools". Betty was clearly upset about it. "No, I was trying to keep them honest, that's why I started working with them. Betty, you have to believe me". Veroncia was almost begging. "But then you didn't feel like you couldn't say no. Then you didn't want to say no, as you clearly wanted to work with them". Kate snarled. "Even if I did, if we did believe you...". Betty said, looking over at Kate. "I can't be your running mate anymore. You know that. I can't trust you, V. Kate has been honest to me, she's been a better friend than you lately". Betty's voice softened as if she didn't think these words would leave her mouth before all of this happened. Veronica nodded slowly and took a deep breath before turning around and walking away. Betty let out a huff of air and rubbed her temples. "Are you okay?". She asked Kate, knowing what just happened between her and the Serpent. "I'm not, but I'll continue life and see if he's up to talk". Kate said and Betty moved to hug her friend.