1.2

"Archie". Jug stated as he came out of his house in the Sunny Side trailerpark. "Jug, we gotta talk". The redhead had his dark eyebrows frowned together as he looked at his friend, dressed in just a tank top with his blouse knotted around his waist. "Uh, now is not a good time. Okay?". Jughead replied as he dribbled down the small steps. "You need to leave, okay?". He repeated the last word of his sentence and Archie was confused as he placed his hands on his shoulders, not sure why he was rushing to get Archie away from the Southside now. "You gotta go". Jughead said and gave him a gentle push.

"What's going on?". Archie definitely wasn't leaving without getting a good reason to at the moment. "I'm serious". Jughead's fingers were a bit shaky and he was about to walk passed him. Sweet Pea already overheard the conversation and walked around the corner, his arms crossed over his chest. The look in his dark eyes hardened when he saw the redhead from the Northside, his lips curling up in a snarl at remembering the brave guy putting a gun in his face a couple days earlier. "What do we have here?". His black eyebrow quirked upwards and Archie looked between Jughead and Sweet Pea. "He was leaving, alright". Jug said and gestured with his arms for the Serpents that followed Sweet Pea to stay calm.

"Wait, you're friends with them?". Archie asked, confusion written all over his face, combined with slight disbelief. "Are your feelings hurt now, pumpkin?". Sweet Pea cooed, rolling his eyes as he already felt the anger raging through his veins at the disapproving look on Archie's face. "You're friends with these thugs?". Archie ignored Sweet Pea and moved closer to Jughead, placing his hand on his shoulder to turn him and make him look Archie in his eyes. "It's not what you think". Jug replied, his voice softening. "Are you joining the Serpents?". Archie questioned now, making some of the Serpents sigh at the naive boy. "If he survives". Sweet Pea simply said. "Now go ahead and call us thugs one more time".

Jughead pushed the tallest Serpent back when he wanted to step closer and probably crush Archie's skull within his palms. "Jughead, these are the guys who attacked me!". His voice raised. "Who attacked Reggie and Ronnie and Dilton, your friends". He exclaimed then. "Is that why you're here? To warn me?". Jughead grew suspicious with the words Archie spoke. "No". Archie shook his head. "I came to tell you to stay away from Betty. She doesn't want to see you anymore". Jughead looked at him for a moment, not understanding what he said. Sweet Pea turned his head and exchanged a look with fangs. "Screw you, I just saw Betty yesterday, she-...". He stopped and swallowed hard. "She was fine".

"No, dude". Archie started. "She's been wanting to break up with you, she's been agonizing over it. Since you crossed the darkside, she couldn't bring herself to do it". Sweet Pea's eyes narrowed at what he said, his jaw clenching at the reference to the Southside. "So she sent you? Betty would never do that". Jughead spat. "If you don't believe me, call her". Archie replied. His heart hammered in his chest as he needed to convince Jughead that Betty wanted to break up. It was hard to bring this message as he knew Betty didn't want to break up with Jug at all, it was just to protect him. Betty had asked Archie to tell Jughead to stay away after she had gotten a call from the Black Hood. She didn't want her boyfriend to get hurt, while she was hurting him a lot this way.

"Feel free to tell her you're a serpent now. I bet she'll love that". Archie kicked some more sand in the wound and Jughead nibbled on his lower lip against his glossy eyes that were about to show up on his face. Sweet Pea's eyebrows rose as he was glad he didn't have any girlfriend drama. Well, yet, but he didn't expect Kate to be this dramatic. Not that he thought of him and Kate together. He rolled his eyes at himself and listened to Archie and Jughead again. "She saw where you were heading, Jughead. We all did, and she knows you can't be with them and with her. Come on man, you know it too". Jug's lower lip trembled slightly, but he gathered himself and straightened his spine.