1.9

"A weekend in Washington". Sweet Pea stated as they laid on Kate her bed. Kate had texted him if he could come over and sneak into her bedroom after her parents went to bed. "Ssh". She shushed as he was speaking quite loudly. He rolled his eyes in a playful manner. The Serpent twirled a couple strands of her long, dirty blonde hair between his rough fingers as she waited for him to speak up again. "What would a guy like me do in a fancy city like DC?". He asked and Kate fumbled with his dogtags. "Just a weekend away, for us two. My parents are having some business people over and I'm probably in the way then or something. We can stay at our penthouse". Kate replied, wiggling her eyebrows. "We don't have to go outside. We can stay in and order food and watch Netflix all day...". Kate summed up.

Sweet Pea sensed there was something else she wanted to say, which made his plumb lips curl upwards into that boyish grin. "And?". He asked softly. "I'm off my period then". She whispered in his ear, her eyes had darkened by the dimlighted room, but also by the thoughts that wandered through her head. "That's a tempting offer". Sweet Pea replied, his eyes sparkling. "Is it?". She mused and looked up at him as he rolled over to hover over her. Their lips connected in a sweet kiss and she curled her fingers through his hair. "I'll say yes to it". He mumbled against her lips. "Great". She replied, swinging her arms around his neck. "Are you staying the night?". She asked next and he pressed another kiss to her lips to indicate a yes. Sweet Pea rolled back to his side and his hand snaked down her back to take a handful of her bum.

"Pea, hands off". Kate grumbled and he laughed softly. "Sorry". He grinned a boyish grin and nuzzled his nose against hers for an adorable eskimo kiss.

--

And as said, was done. Sweet Pea rode his motorcycle that weekend to the hangar Kate's family had their jet in. Kate walked a bit around to arange the last things for the trip, like making sure her parents wouldn't come to the fun idea and come over to wish her a nice trip and all, as they didn't know she took Sweet Pea and not Betty and Kevin. Part of her was also waiting for Sweet Pea in case he suddenly changed his mind or anything. But there he was, her Serpent prince on the black motorcycle. Just as romantic as the prince on the white horse. Sweet Pea ruffled his hair a bit after he took his helmet off and looked up at the private jet that was standing outside of the hangar, ready for them to take off as they were ready. "That is yours". He pointed up at it in disbelieve. Her name was even written on it. "Don't ask". Kate lifted her hand and sighed softly, which made him chuckle.

Sweet Pea pulled her into his side and rested his hand on her hip to look at the plane that was all for one family. "We're getting in there, right?". He asked, holding his bag in his other hand. Kate looked up at him even though she couldn't see his eyes because of his sunglasses. "Yeah, of course we are. Are you nervous?". She asked a smile on her lips. "Of course not". He scoffed, not wanting to admit that his heart was slighty racing in his chest. He was used to helicopter flights because of the time he spend in the army and next to that, the short flights with an army plane where he had a parachute in case the thing was blown up or something else. But this jet was like an aluminum coffin and he didn't have anything to save Kate with in case... Okay, stop the thinking, it'll be fine. "Pea? Are you coming?". Kate was already halfway the stairs that led into the plane and he nodded, jogging over to her.

"It's okay if you're afraid of flying, Sweets". She giggled as she felt his sweaty palm against hers when he took her hand. "I'm not afraid!". He exclaimed and she laughed even more. Sweet Pea couldn't keep on his tough face as the bright sound filled the jet and he smiled at her too. They took their seats as the doors closed and the pilot started to taxi his way towards the lane they could take off from. "Wanna hold my hand?". She asked with a teasing tone and he groaned, waving her away. Yet he eventually took her hand in his and squeezed it tightly as the speed pressed them back in their seats. He dared to let go of her as they were steadily in the air and the plane didn't have any turbulence. "That wasn't so bad, was it?". Kate smiled and squeezed his cheeks. He pulled a face at her, which made them both laugh.