1.4

Jughead's eyes glanced down at his phone that rested on his thigh, his teacher still talking to him as he looked at the text message of Archie that made his phone light up.

[Archie]: MEET ME OUTSIDE NOW

Jughead frowned at the message, totally not focused on the conversation anymore. "Excuse me, I need to go really quick". He stammered and shoved the chair back to get out of it, standing up and jogging out of the teacher's office to see Archie running up to them. "Archie, what the hell are you doing here?". He asked, ready to push him back as he was the outsider in Southside High. "Mayor McCoy And Sheriff Keller are about to storm in here". Archie said, out of breath. "W-what?". Jughead asked, not sure if he understood. "What is going on?". He couldn't even finish his sentence as the doors opened with a loud bang and the police came in with Mayor McCoy.

"There!". Her harsh voice sounded and Archie roughly pulled Jughead with him. He looked over his shoulder to see Toni being forced against the locker, Sweet Pea's heavy voice sounding in protest as his body was slammed into the locker with three cops, his fist banging on the doors of the lockers and probably leaving some damage in the process. "You want to help them? You can't do that in jail, Jug". Archie said and pulled him behind the doors, where the cops didn't look as they arrested the younger Serpents, including his friends Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs. Jughead watched how they were cuffed and walked out of the school with their heads down.

Sweet Pea tried to loosen his hands from the cuffs, he was probably strong enough to break them if he used all of his strength. "Fuck off, man!". He grunted as he was harshly pushed against the car. Toni and Fangs were shoved in first and he followed. "Why are we in here?". Fangs whispered, confused by why they were suddenly arrested and why they decided to make such a big thing of it by storming into their school. "I don't know, Fangs". Toni sighed. "They're probably blaming us for something stupid again". Sweet Pea gritted through his teeth. The others remained silence while the police car drove away.

It brought them and some other Serpents to the police station where sheriff Keller himself came to take the three friends out of the car. "You". He started. "We're keeping you here for a while". He barked, not finding it necessary to give any further explanation. "And why is that?". Sweet Pea spat back, tall enough to look have to look down at the sheriff. "Because you're convicted of vandalism, now move". He shoved Toni in front of them first, about to yank Sweet Pea at his arms when he gave them a mad look and stepped aside before they could touch him. His cuffs were loosened when they pushed him into a cell, away from Toni and Fangs. The cops had told him something about an interrogation later, but they seemed to be more in for the fun of getting on his nerves.

Jughead was very unpleased to see the younger Serpents being dragged out of school by the police. He had replaced his Serpent jacket by a normal leather jacket and went up to them as soon as he could. Sheriff Keller was surprised to see Jughead standing in front of his desk when the Jones boy came by. "I'm looking for my friends, Mr. Keller. Would you mind to explain what they are doing in here?". He asked, Betty on his side. "I would love to, Mr Jones". Sheriff Keller replied and sat straight up. "They're convicted of vandalism on the Northside, for example drawing something with an aersol on Fred Andrew's house and violating the order in the town". He simply stated.

Betty and Jughead shared a look. Was it even legal to keep convicted persons in the police station for that little amount of prove? "I'd like to see them". He gritted through his teeth as he received a lazy nod. The Sheriff called for another officer and he took them to the cells, as he asked to see Sweet Pea first. Everyone saw Sweet Pea as some sort of a second leader of their gang anyway. "Jones". His heavy voice echoed through the room. "Coming to get me out of here?". Jughead saw by the frown on Sweet Pea's face and the annoyed jaw clench that the Serpent was irritated and that he shouldn't say too much to make it worse. "I can't get you out of here, sadly. They're gathering more prove to keep you in here longer".