0.8

"Just get me whatever Toni drinks usually". Kate decided to answer him. She didn't like beer and she guessed the bar didn't make any fancy drinks like a Cosmopolitan or some other cocktails. "Alright". Sweet Pea's arm briefly pulled away from her as he easily leaned over the counter to contact the bartender. "Where's Toni anyway?". He asked as he shoved her glass her way. "Toilet". Kate said and was about to grasp for the straw in her drink as she realized it wasn't in there. Right, Kate, shove your goddamn high class side out of the way and get used to this.

Sweet Pea looked down at her face that was dimly lit up by the lights of the bar, showing her smokey make-up that made her eyes stand out even more. "I wasn't playing when I said you looked stunning, Kate". He repeated and Kate her eyes darted back to him, finding even the nonchalant way he took a sip of his beer attractive. "Thank you". She softly replied, unsure what to do with the compliment. Kate brought her straw to her mouth again and took a sip of it, feeling her throat burn as the liquor went down. She hoped she could loosen up a bit after a drink, not wanting to feel shy all evening.

Toni came back from the restroom and grinned at the sight of Sweet Pea and Kate standing together. "I see you found each other". She subtly mentioned and Pea cocked his eyebrow at her. Kate didn't say anything and just took another sip of her drink. She looked at the remaining liquor in her glass and decided to down it completely, causing Toni and Sweet Pea to give each other a surprised looked. "What?". Kate asked, looking between the two. "Nothing, just never thought you'd down a whiskey that fast, Northie". Sweet Pea clicked his tongue and she shrugged.

"You can order a new one for me if you want to see me doing that again". A giggled slipped out of her mouth and Toni chuckled at what she said. "Watch her, Pea. She's going wild already". The Serpent nudged Kate's side and took her glass to march through the people as she saw someone familiar. "Yo, Pea". Kate and Sweet Pea both looked up to see Fangs and Tall Boy with pool sticks in their hands. "Are you in?". Fangs asked. "What do you say, are you in for a game of pool, doll?". Sweet Pea's hand brushed over her lower back and she briefly zoned out.

"Okay, I've never played it before, but okay". Kate let out a breathy laugh and felt soft pressure of his hand to usher her forward. Her fingers sparkled with electricity as his fingers suddenly laced through hers. She looked at him over her shoulder, his eyes flicking down to see if there was something wrong, yet Kate looked back in front of her again to walk up to Fangs and the man she hadn't met before. "Nice to see you here, Kate". The other Serpent greeted her and she gave him a small smile. "Take care of the table so we can play straight away when I come back with some more drinks".

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes as Fangs patted him on his shoulder. He let go of Kate's hand and grabbed onto the pool stick. Tall Boy gathering the pool balls in the middle of the table again, in the triangle shape. "Losers can start". The Serpent joke as he grinned at Sweet Pea. "Sure". He shrugged and grinned back. Kate watched how he gently held the stick and leaned over the table, letting the tip knock against the white ball that caused the others to spread as they clashed together. Meanwhile, Fangs got back with a plate full of drinks and the game could really start.

Tall Boy let a couple balls roll into the corners, which made him and Fangs take the lead. "Do you want to try, Kate?". Pea asked and she looked over at him. "Come". He smiled and held his hand open for her. Kate slipped out a breathy laugh and felt her face heating up, taking his hand as he pulled her in front of himself. She was very aware of his figure towering over her, his chest against her back as he adjusted the pool stick in her hands. His arm was easily wrapped around her and his warm breath fanned on the side of her face. "We're going for that one right there...". He nudged towards the green ball.

"And with a bit of good luck, we'll get some into the holes". Kate gasped as he moved even closer to her, letting the stick push the ball away and indeed knock the others towards the corners. She briefly looked over her shoulder, meeting his dark eyes, the small smirk on his lips and she sucked her lower lip into her mouth. The next time, he let her try for herself and Kate... Well, she tried, yet she had no idea what she was doing. At that moment, she didn't feel bothered by it, she was having fun and that was the most important message of it all. Kate just knew Sweet Pea loooking at her when she was slightly bended over the table.