3.3

A/N: Shocked by the news of Luke Perry. I understood that he was an amazing person, on and off set and I loved him as Fred Andrews. May he rest in peace. My deepest condolences to his family and beloved ones.

     Sweet Pea had never clenched her this tightly. Sweet Pea has never cried so hard before. Kate let it all happen, she let him crush her within the tight embrace of his arms and she let him cry on her chest. "Anyone but Fangs". He had muttered while they were seated in his trailer that had been filled with such loving thoughts and gestures before. "I know, Pea". Kate said, a lump heavy in her throat while her fingers moved through his jet black hair. He was angry and hurt at the same time, a mixture of emotions that made him lock up in everything he wanted to do. The cool way FP had brought the news, almost as if it wasn't important, almost as if he knew this was going to happen. "I can't just sit here like a coward and do nothing". He lifted his head from her shoulder and she took his face in her small hands, his pure chocolate eyes clearly bloodshot. "You're not a coward for crying". She said, but he shook his head. His hands were warm and they covered hers while keeping them on his face. 

"I don't want to sit here while I can beat up the real scum of the Southside. I'm sure your brother would help me". Sweet Pea jumped up now and Kate looked at him from her position on the sofa. "You heard Jughead, it's a suicide mission, especially when you go alone or with two people to a whole gang". Kate said, not wanting him to go out there all alone. The Serpent moved the back of his hand angrily over his cheeks, the sadness and the hurt passing while raging anger replaced it and was louder than any other emotion in his body. "Pea, stop". Her voice sounded resolute in the words she just spoke. "I don't want you to have any more sleepless nights. I don't want to lose you either, I don't know how crazy those Ghoulies are, but I've seen Penny. You know Penny. Please". Kate stood up and neared him, her hands cupping his cheeks, which she could barely reach because of his height. Sweet Pea felt his heart rate going down at the warm touch of her hands.

"I understand that you're sad and hurt, Fangs meant so much to you as a friend, as a brother. But fighting those people won't bring him back". She softly said, her sky blue eyes filled with worry, almost forming a complete contrast with the dark brown that filled in his irises. "And don't ever, ever call yourself a coward". Kate finished and she felt him relax a bit more, the uptight feelings and frustrations slightly sliding off his broad shoulders. His hands moved over her waist, eventually to the small of her back to press her against himself. Kate curled her arms around him while Sweet Pea almost crushed her ribcage with the way he wrapped her up in his arms, his nose buried in her hair and his head leaning on her shoulder. His fingers twirled into the material of her shirt, his knuckles white from how hard he was grasping it and she let him, hearing his heart beating beneath his shirt and his leather Serpent jacket.

     "Jug?". Betty asked when she picked up the Phone, her eyes looking empty passed Archie who stood in front of her. Sheriff Keller just cuffed her father and put him in the backseat of the police car. "Betty, I'm happy to hear your voice". Jughead sounded. "Me too, Jug. You have no idea". Betty sighed, she had met Jug at the Wyrm, but because of the discussion that had risen there, she hadn't told him about everything that happened tonight yet. "I just wanted to let you know I love you. I'll never stop loving you". Jughead said and it made her frown at the tone he said it with, as if he was leaving and not coming back for a while. "What are you saying? Where are you". Betty asked in confusion. "Where is he?". Archie asked, just as confused and worried as she was.  "I'll see you soon". Was his answer and he ended the call. Betty looked down at her Phone she saw the call was over and she looked back up at Archie, not sure what was going on, but the feeling in her stomach told her it wasn't going to end well.

She dialed Kate's number straight after, asking if she knew or Sweet Pea knew where he had gone and Sweet Pea could sense straight away that he was going to the Ghoulies and to Penny. It was a simple decision then, all the Serpents gathering to find their leader. "Goddamnit". Jax had scolded, his fist almost breaking the table when he slammed it down. "One minute that kid is out of my side". He grunted in anger, not because he didn't like Jughead. In his eyes, they were just kids and kids shouldn't come to the idea to sacrifice themselves. Especially not when the Sons were ready to help, planning out to observe and see where the snake lady went to take care of her later, but they barely even got the chance to help before Jughead took matters into his own hands. Kate and Sweet Pea met the others in the Southside, everyone with a motorcycle riding out to find Jughead and the Ghoulies.