2.4

Kate lifted her head as she heard the rumbling motorcycles nearing her. She leaned against the hood of her car. It was passed midnight and the darkness of the night had bathed Riverdale in a black sheet, a single pair of stars lighting up the void of the sky. Spying into her dad's office, they had made sure she got security from seven in the morning till ten in the evening, in more simple words, from when she woke up till she was going to sleep. Kate made sure she saw no one following her when she drove away from her home to meet up with her brother at Sweet Water River. She squinted her eyes at the bright headlights of three motorcycles that stopped a couple meters away from her. "What kind of shit hole is this, Jackie boy?". Kate lifted her eyebrows as she heard a Scottish accent, the biker on the left shaking his helmet off. "Same as Charming, Chibs. Now watch your language a bit, this is my baby sis". She relaxed as she heard the voice of her brother.

Jax hung his helmet over the handles, walking up to her, followed by the Scottish one and another biker. "Hey, Kate". He mumbled, wrapping her up in a tight hug. "Jax". She sighed. "Chibs, this is my sister, Kate. Opie's here next to me". Jax nodded to the very tall biker that stood on his right. "Troubles in town, darlin'?". Chibs asked and moved his hands to his pockets to search for his cigarettes and his lighter. "It's a long story, I'll make it as short as possible. You know the Lodges threat when dad couldn't keep Hiram out of prison? Well we have to pay now, but dad seems to enjoy it a bit too much. The Lodges are offering him money for his company in the sick business he's holding in Riverdale". Kate hissed. "They closed a school, the school the Southsiders went to, including my boyfriend Sweet Pea. They aren't the most rich people of the town and they're taking away the Sunny Side trailer park too, possibly. It's sick". She continued.

Jax shook his head, his lips curling up in a snarl. The Sons of Anarchy were used to a lot of the rough kind of business, weapons, coke, killing people, being in prison, but they treat kids and women with respect. "I literally have security, they want me to stay away from my friends, but the majority of them come from the Southside. My father even threatened to do something to Sweet Pea if I don't stay away from him". Opie looked over at her with his arms crossed over his chest. "What do you expect from us, Sons, Kate?". He asked, sharing a look with Jax. "Help. I want your help when it gets too much. If the Southside gets to know any of these plans, it's war. I'm willing to pay if I need to". Kate was desperate for back up, as she couldn't tell the Serpents about all of it yet. She didn't want to know the concequences of her father for him. "You don't need to pay, Kate, don't be crazy". Jax shook his head.

"What? It's business". Chibs huffed out his smoke. "You can decide with the club. I just want to know if you can stay around if hell breaks loose". Kate said, fiddling with the keys in her hands. Jax nodded. "That's okay. Chibs? Ope?". He looked sideways and the other two nodded as well. "Does the Southside have a motorclub?". Chibs asked, stepping on the cigarette to put it out. "Yeah, Southside Serpents, why?". "No, Chibs". Jax said. "What?". Kate and Chibs both asked. "Did you deal with them?". Kate asked now, wanting to know if Sweet Pea was involved or not. "They're kids, they...". "Jax". Kate's voice was stern. "Coke, they needed to get rid of coke. The tall one with the long, greasy hair, no offense Ope, he called me". Kate took a deep breath and pushed her hands over her temples. "Okay, my boyfriend dealed coke with his gang to the Sons. Sure, I can take that news with it too". She let out a sarcastic chuckle. "He's a tough one, Kate. I'm sure he's seen rougher". Jax shrugged.

"You have our word. Call me whenever you feel unsafe". He kissed her forehead and Kate watched how the bikers got their helmets on and drove away again. She guessed they'd stay nearby, they'd have their contacts. Kate opened the door of her car and pulled it close as she sat down in the leather seat. She locked her seatbelt and started the engine, leaning her hands on the steering wheel. She stared in front of herself for a moment and put the car in reverse to drive backwards and away from Sweet Water River.