2.7

Kate pulled  up in front of the old building of Southside High. She shook her head as she saw the Serpents standing there. It was drizzling a bit and it was cold, yet they still stood there to protect something that once belonged to the Southside, their Southside. Kate turned the car off and took her keys out. She had managed to find some old blankets on the attic and figured they might needed them. Kate got out of her car and walked up to them. Sweet Pea grinned at her and she received some nods from the others. "Hey, Kate. You brought reinforcement?". Jughead greeted her. "Pretty much". She smiled. "If you don't want to eat, it's okay, but I'm sure you don't want to catch a cold either". Kate sternly said, making some of them chuckle, but they were glad to have a blanket around them. "Get in here". Sweet Pea hummed and pulled her closer to his body, at least, he tried to, because some chains tied him to the school, wrapping the blanket also around her. "Managed to get passed your security?". He chuckled and she nodded with a roll of her eyes. "Convinced them that I was grabbing a bite with Veronica at Pop's. They seemed to loosen up now the news is out, however I'm still not allowed to hang out with you". She laughed.

"Pop's, hmm?". Sweet Pea muttered, feeling his stomach rumble at the thought. "Stay strong, Pea". Kate smiled and patted his chest. The Serpents looked up as they heard the screeching brakes of someone nearing. Archie hopped off his bike and pulled the hood of his sweater down. "Well, well, well, cavalry's finally here. Guess that means we got Hiram's attention". Jughead bit. "Are you nuts? Chaining yourself to this place?". Archie avoided the question. "They're gonna tear it down in two days". Jughead scoffed at his response. "Not unless Hiram wants the blood of eight young Serpents on his hands. We're not going anywhere". The young Serpent King said, sounding strong. "Go tell your boss we said that". Sweet Pea's raspy voice sounded. Archie looked between Sweet Pea and Jughead, his jaw slacking and he didn't say anything. He hopped on his bike and drove away. "Asshole". Kate muttered under her breath. "That's exactly what he his babe". Sweet Pea agreed with her. "I have to go, before my family gets suspicious". She said, looking up into his hazel eyes. "Thanks for the blankets, Kate". Came from Fangs next to Sweet Pea. "No problem". She smiled.

"Kiss". The taller Serpents pouted and it made her laugh. "You're adorable". She squeezed his cheeks, making him groan. "He's a man, Kate. Not adorable". Fangs teased, making Sweet Pea grin now too. She kissed his lips and said goodbye to the rest of the Serpents. Sweet Pea watched how she walked to her car and started the engine, driving off to the Northside of Riverdale again. "It's going to be a long night". He sighed, feeling as if Kate had been with them for just a couple seconds and then left again. "Yeah, it is". Fangs said and sighed, leaning his head against the cool concrete of the statue behind them. "I really like how you two worked out. I was sure it would from ever since you met, by the way". His friend spoke up again. "Shut up". Sweet Pea chuckled. "No, I mean it". Fangs turned his face to him to look him in the eyes. "With how much you struggled, how she calms you. You've become a more pleasant person to be friends with". His lips curled upwards at the last part and Sweet Pea snorted at his words. "Glad you appreciate our friendship as much as I do, Fogarty". "I didn't mean it like that". Fangs rolled his eyes now. "I know".

     The night was long. It felt like it took ages for the sun to rise above the landscape again. It had luckily stopped raining and the blankets Kate had taken, kept them warm. Sweet Pea groaned as he woke up from the five minute nap he managed to take after the unbearable night. Jughead was already up, pacing back and forth in front of the group, ranting to one of the other young Serpents about what they had to do in case Hiram didn't feel bothered by their silent protest. Sweet Pea stretched his arms above his head, feeling his joints crack. He cupped his hand with his other to make his knuckles crack too, causing Fangs to scoff. "That's disgusting". He mumbled, making the other Serpent grin with a shrug. "One more". Sweet Pea cracked the joints of his neck and Fangs rolled his eyes, waving him away. "Jug, my god". The Serpents looked up as they saw Betty walking towards them. They hadn't even heard she was coming. "Couldn't you guys tell me you were here last night?". She said, a bit upset. "I would've brought blankets". She continued. "Kate brought them". Jughead said with a gentle smile.