0.5

"So, that was obviously the most embarrassing brunch ever". Kate groaned and her cheeks heated up as the giggles of Betty and Veronica got louder. "Your mom literally asked him to stay?". Veronica asked in disbelieve, making the gesture of putting her finger in the back of her throat to throw up. "She did, he didn't want it either but he was forced into it. I think she had the "don't test me" look in her eyes". Kate continued with a sigh and stopped at her locker. "Well, I think you'd have very nice day dreams about you and Reg, Katie". Veronica purred and Kate rolled her eyes, knowing she was just teasing.

Betty lingered with Kate at the lockers and leaned against the blue doors, her arms crossed over her chest. "Hey, Kate?". The blonde hesitantly asked and Kate looked up at her new friend. "Veronica said something about you and a Serpent boy at Pop's last Friday night?". She asked, looking down at her hands as if she wasn't sure if she was allowed to ask. "Yeah, what about it?". Kate replied, her heart skipping a beat at the thought of Sweet Pea and her eating some fries after the movie at the Drive In. "Nothing, just wondering why you didn't go with Reggie". Betty answered.

"I asked him if he knew Sweet Pea, but he flipped about me talking to the Serpent, while he was actually really nice". Kate shrugged and felt the nerves leave her body as she realized Betty wasn't going to judge her too hard, her boyfriend's father was the Serpent King and his friends existed of Serpents too. "I just wanted to warn you, I'm not saying you have to stop seeing him...". "I'm not seeing him!". Kate blurted out, her cheeks heating up as the words that rolled out of Sweet Pea's mouth rung through her ears again.

"We could do it more often if you have the time, sweetheart".

Her mind already drifted off to meeting Sweet Pea again and Betty waved her hand in front of Kate's face. "Anyways, they're still dangerous people and you shouldn't trust them too quickly". She softly finished and Kate sensed that the blonde was genuinely worried. "I'll be fine, Betty. Thank you". Kate smiled at her and she nodded, giving her friend a hug before she wandered through the halls to her next class. Kate looked how she walked away and closed her locker, her heeled boots clicking against the floor as she made her way to her next period.

Reggie was still polite to her and Kate was glad she didn't cause something big when her mother decided to force Reggie to have the family brunch with them. She bumped her knee up and down as she sat behind the table in the middle of the classroom. She wasn't really paying attention to the information about the French Revolution as the clock was slowly ticking it's way to the end of the lesson. She had to hand Sweet Pea his jacket back and she was nervous about it. She had to walk into Southside High, on her own.

Kate bit on her nail and told herself to stop it. She'd just walk in, give him back the jacket and then leave again. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Yeah, but the Southsiders could also see her as an outsider intruding their school and ask why she held a Serpent jacket in her hand. Okay, maybe it was more difficult difficult lemon difficult. A sigh tumbled out of her mouth and she felt relief washing over her when she could walk out of the classroom, gathering her stuff to take her car to the Southside of Riverdale.

She held her Valentino bag in her hand, mentally preparing herself for the comments about it. Her Porsche itself was already a thing that would stand out and she was hesitant about parking it on the parking lot of Southside High. Kate drove over the roads that became calmer towards the other side of the town, deciding to park her car a little bit further away from the school. Her eyebrows rose at the sight of the walls being drowned in graffiti, the motorcycles parked recklessly in front of the school.