1.6

Soft kisses were pressed to her skin, his fingertips dancing over her sides and letting the goosebumps appear everywhere they went. Sweet nothings muttered in her ear and she was now the one who thought that she was dreaming. That this magical night with Sweet Pea, the intense love in front of the fire place, never happened at all and it was just a dream. But her eyelids fluttered open to see Sweet Pea next to her, his dark brown eyes looking at her face with a gentle stare. His palm cupped her face, half of her face as his hand was so much bigger than hers. She felt a bit sore as she moved closer to him, snuggling deeper into his embrace and breathing in his scent of mint, leather and cigarettes, a scent that had made her addicted to him.

"I'm about to leave, baby doll, it's half past five and I don't want you to have any trouble with your parents". Sweet Pea whispered, angling her chin upwards so she looked into his eyes again. "Okay". Kate replied weakily, not awake enough to protest, however she didn't move away from him either. The Serpent softly chuckled, untangling her arms from his chest and removing her leg from around his waist. He didn't want to leave either, but her parents came home last night and he didn't want to cause any trouble in this household. Walking into the kitchen shirtless with her nail scratches on his biceps and back, taking a cup of coffee like 'you guys are Kate's folks right? Good, we had sex in front of the fire place while you were gone. How was your night?', didn't seem like the best start to meet them.

"I have some stuff to do this weekend, princess. I'll give you a ring whenever I'm free for you". He softly said while caressing her cheek. "Hmm". She hummed, her eyelids still heavy with sleep. "You're free for me now". Kate replied, a yawn following as she held onto his hand. Sweet Pea chuckled and pulled his arm gently away from her, getting his jeans on and buttoning the denim up. He took his shirt and swung it over his head, lazily stuffing it into his jeans before pushing his arms through the sleeves of his leather jacket. "Sleep some more". Sweet Pea stroke her hair a last time and bend forward for a kiss on her lips. "Bye". Kate mumbled and closed her eyes to fall back asleep, barely hearing him moving out of the window and revving his motorcycle to get onto the road.

Kate woke up just a bit before ten and she decided it was enough as she had some schoolwork to do. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed to get out, stepping into her fluffy shoes to get downstairs and get her tea and something to eat. Kate frowned as she heard voices coming from the living room, making her hesitate if her parents had company or not. She subtly walked through the hallway and slipped into the kitchen, where her mother was preparing coffee. "Mom?". Kate asked, making Mrs. Pearson turn around. "Oh, good morning, honey. Did you sleep well?". She nodded in response and flicked the button on the water boiler to let the device do its job. "Pretty good. Do we have visitors?". She asked, curious who the voices of the other people in the living room belonged to.

"Mr and Mrs. Lodge came over". Her mother smiled, however Kate could see the corner of her mouth twitching the slightest bit, showing the small bit of discomfort that the Lodge family decided to waltz in here this morning. "The Lodges?". Kate rose her eyebrows. Jessica turned back to the coffee to pour it into the cups. "I'm either upstairs or at Pop's then". Kate said, about to get upstairs with her tea and the cracker with cheese she just prepared. "Of course". Her mother turned back to her, sharing the look of worry in her eyes. "Is everything okay?". She received a nod in response. "Yes, perfect. What's that?". Her mother distracted her by moving her finger over the bruise on her collarbone. "Nothing special". Kate fought the urge of her face to become a tomato as her mother had pointed out one of the marks Sweet Pea had left on her neck.

"Bumped into something during P.E I guess". Kate continued to make it look less suspicious and her mother rolled her eyes as she was clumsy more often. "Did you already join the cheerleading squad? I thought you wanted that?". She asked. "I didn't, tryouts are next week". She informed and she received another nod. "Well, try your best". Jessica smiled at her daughter and took the plate to bring it into the living room. Kate looked after her mother and then moved out of the kitchen to get upstairs. She grabbed her phone from her nightstand and opened her conversation with Kevin.