Chapter 2

Sans' P.O.V

I heard it all. The story, the nightmare, and for once in my life I felt an overwhelming sense of guilt and pity deep in my ribcage.

how many times had she died, hoping that that would be the last time she saw the world? I wondered. what kept her going? was it her determination to die, instead of trying to avoid it?

"How many times have you thought about taking your life on a genocide run?" a voice said in front of me.

"the kiddo's situation is different," I replied, and my eye sockets became black voids as I replayed the talk of her nightmare, her life, over and over in my head. "how was i 'spose to know all that happened to her?"

"You weren't," the voice responded, and the transparent figure of my father appeared before me, kneeling down to meet my eye sockets since I didn't budge from the ground. "She refused to burden anyone with her cruel past, even her closest family members. Until her nightmare. She's going to relay what she told Violet to Chara and Asriel."

"i thought goat boy was still a weed. and why would she tell a snowdrake about her nightmares?"

"He still is, and Violet had become a good friend to her. So don't go moping about because she didn't tell you."

"she's lost trust in me," I finally realized. I smacked my skull, feeling stupid. "'course she did, otherwise we wouldn't have been stuck under this hunk of rock for another two years after she fell. she's afraid of me."

"Sans, you stupid, smiley trash bag, where are you?!" I heard from behind, where the door was.

"guess i gotta go an' talk to the weed. see ya later, then, dad."

"Don't hurt him, whatever you do," Gaster said before disappearing.

"I know your around, trash bag," Flowey shouted. "So just come on out!"

"is that fear in your voice, weed?" I said, teleporting in front the flower.

"N-no! I was just worried you might not be around." That left me speechless. "Anyway! I'm not here to see you!"

"then why are ya here?"

"Frisk's fallen ill," he said, wringing his leaves like someone with hands, paws, or feathers would do when their nervous.

I felt my soul sink, since I didn't have a heart. I tugged Flowey out of the ground by his stem, refusing to believe him. He wrapped his roots around my arm, looking as though he was clinging on for dear life.

"what have you done to her?!" I demanded, my magic eye igniting.

"I haven't done anything! If you don't believe me, then go see for yourself!"

I looked up to the door, my white eyes appearing in my eye sockets again. I didn't budge.

"What are you? Frozen? Just go in! Put me down and I'll tell her that I've brought a visitor."