Chapter 10

One day before the last chapter

??? P.O.V

"Colonel Macklemor!" a young soldier said to me, saluting. "Reports from Ebott City."

"What did you find, Private Runie?" I asked, a spark of hope emerging in my chest.

"She was there, sir. We asked some residents and they reported that they've seen her wandering in the woods about two years ago near a mountain called Mt. Ebott. However, no one had seen her after that, and each one said that they believed she had been taken by the cursed mountain."

I turned and walked over to one of the walls, which had a projected map shined upon it. Red circles covered it in a sort of line. Blue dots in the circles had pictures of various items attached to them including a piece of cloth, remnants of a campfire, and charred pieces of wood. My eyes followed the line of circles and easily found where Ebott City and Mt. Ebott were.

"Colonel Macklemor, are you sure this girl, of which you have an unhealthy obsession with, is worth finding?" a rough and deep voice asked behind me. The soft thud of the door sounded around the silent room. "I mean, we've been searching for this Frisk person for almost two years."

"Private Runie," I said, addressing the other soldier and ignoring the question. "Tell the others to pack up immediately. We're moving the camp to Ebott City."

"Yes, sir," Private Runie replied, quickly rushing out of the room as though the tension in the air had gotten too think for him.

I waited for the door to close before answering the other man. "I'll have you know, Sergeant Danyier, that as long as we keep finding hints that Frisk had been in the area, I'm not abandoning my mission. And I'll remind you that you chose to accompany me on my mission. Leave now, and it won't matter to me. I'll continue to search for my love on my own if I have to. I won't stop until I find her or her corpse." I finished that sentence in with no hint of remorse, having no doubts that Frisk was dead.

Sergeant Danyier sighed and said, "I'll stick with you until the end of the month, sir. But after that, I'm returning to our main camp."

I took a step back, having been face to face to the older soldier, and said, "Fine." I threw my hands up and put them down again as I headed for the door. "Why don't you clean this mess up then start packing up your things? I'm sure someone of your stature can handle it."

I know she's alive, I thought, turning left once I left the room to go pack my own things. She could be like me and know about these "rewinds" that helped me get where I am. If she is, then she would have learned the wrong and right choices of the actions she had made. Either way, I just know she made it through all these years.

(A/N: Sorry for interrupting, but to let any of you know, I am not at all familiar with army ranks, so I'm unsure if I have the ranks how I want them to be. All I did was search up on Google for military ranks and chose ones that I thought were appropriate in the army ranks list. I didn't specifically look at the army rank order. Just an fyi, Macklemor is some rank below Danyier, but some rank above Runie. Anyways, you guys can get back to your reading now 😅)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes before the end of last chapter

Chara's P.O.V

"How fast do you think it would take to heal from a sickness like that if someone was descended from one of the ancient wizards?" Flowey asked, looking towards the door to Sans' bedroom. He sounded suspicious, and I felt the same way.