Chapter 7

(A/N: Yay, another late chapter. Sorry. Anyways, this is a bit of a longer chapter, reaching almost 2000 words compared to the regular about 1000 words, so I hope this chapter made up for my lateness. If not, then I might make the next chapter a bit longer than usual. Reasons for my lateness can be found at the end of the chapter, but for now, enjoy reading this one, my guardians!)

Frisk's P.O.V

I could feel Sans' arms shake, so I looked up at him and saw his empty eye sockets swelling up with tears. A small frown replaced the grin he normally has. I hesitantly reached up one of my hands and gently placed it on the side of his skull. He jerked his head back slightly, his magic eye instantly flaring in his left eye socket before it died as he recognized me. Sans' expression turned apologetic as he turned his head away from me, his eye sockets once again going dark.

"Ahem," a deep voice said in front of us. Sans and I looked back to the white expanse and saw a large shadow standing at least a couple feet taller than Sans.

Dad!? I thought in a slight panic, recognizing the voice. What's he doing here, so far from the castle?

"Asgore?" I heard Mom ask in disbelief. Then it turned to suspicion. "How did you know we were here?"

"I was notified by Dr. Alphys, Tori," Dad replied. "May we get inside somewhere to treat the child?"

"yeah," Sans said. "follow me." He turned around and headed back down the path.

What's going on with him? I asked myself as I listened to the crunch of Sans' slippers against the snow. His expression said 'why do you trust me?' while his eye sockets held a deep wanting and yearning that was covered by doubt. I know I don't completely trust him, but if either of us are going to be able to move on, and for him to accept that this is the last reset if nothing bad happens to me or to anyone else, then I'll have to build that trust up again. Even if he may push me away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"BROTHER!" Papyrus said once we reached the skelebros' house. "HURRY THE GUESTS INSIDE BEFORE IT GETS TOO COLD IN HERE."

"but we can't feel the cold, paps," Sans said as he stepped inside.

"SO OUR GUESTS WON'T GET COLD." I could hear the grinding of the tall skeleton's teeth, and it constantly sent shivers down my back when I heard it.

"Is there an available room to keep her in?" a green lizard monster, of whom I didn't know was with us, asked.

"ya can use my room." Sans started for the stairs, but rapid pawsteps made him stop. Loud crashes could be heard from upstairs, and after a moment, a small, white, dog skidded to a stop at the top of the stairs. I glanced at Sans, an amused expression on my face, and saw that he was trying to hold in a laugh.

The dog came bounding down the steps and leaped onto my lap, and then started licking my face. I giggled and messed with his ears.

"He's so adorable!" I laughed, hugging the dog and snuggling him.

"SANS DECIDED TO KEEP HIM," Papyrus said, none too thrilled.

I heard Sans give a small laugh and say, "his name's toby." Toby looked up to my skeletal carrier at the mention of his name. "i better get ya up to my room, now."

"Can you make it up the steps?" I asked jokingly. Sans smiled.

"i managed to carry ya for this long. stairs'll be no problem. my nemesis," he added underneath his breath.