Chapter 16

Sans' P.O.V

was... i not the one putting my whole soul into our relationship? I thought, feeling more down than ever. have i gone back to the state of "forever-not-caring-until-my-brother-dies?"

"gee, thanks for cheerin' me up, grillbz," I said, wiping away a tear, acting as though what I said was true.

Grillby sighed. "Sans," he asked, "do you love Frisk?"

"of course i fucking do!" I snapped, hitting the bar with a fist.

"Then what are you doing here? You should be keeping an eye on her and then talk to her when she's alone."

I looked up at the flame monster, the white specks in my eye sockets returning. It was a perfect idea.

"why didn't cha say that in the first place?!" I said, getting excited to see Frisk again after I had believed the world had turned on us.

"Maybe I wanted to teach you a little lesson. Oh, nice jacket by the way. Is it new?"

"huh?" I paused at the door and looked down at the jacket I was wearing. It wasn't new, if fact it was quite the opposite. I had grabbed it back at my house before I came here. "nah, it's an old one. see ya, grillbz." I waved to my friend and teleported back to the surface.

I stood there, looking around for a moment as I took in my unfamiliar surroundings. A second later guns were pointed at me.

"uh, can i help ya, fellas?" I asked, unphased.

"Where did you come from?" one of them asked.

"from the mountain. where else?"

"How did you get here?" the first person asked, changing the question slightly.

"magic is the best answer i can give ya since i'm guessing humans don't understand teleportation."

"Do you think the monsters would mind if one was missing?" one of the others asked slyly.

"I doubt it. They don't have feelings anyways."

"is that what you kids are taught in school? boy are ya wrong."

"Shut up shorty!"

"oh shit! my one weakness!" I cried out. In my opinion, I was acting this out very well. "bein' called out for my fucking shortness!" On the inside I was already dying of laughter, but now it showed on the outside at the end of my sentence.
(A/N: Oh god, I'm dying as well 😂)

"Enough games!" the first one ordered. "Knock him out already!"

I was prepared for the swing to the back of my skull. I teleported out of the circle and the guy didn't even managed to scratch me. However, he did hit the shoulder of the one standing next to him. They all became confused as to where I went.

"i think the humans from the past were harder to fight," I said, balancing a bone on my finger. "although i myself was not born until after the human-monster war, it must've been more of a challenge when ya didn't know what kind of magic your enemy possessed. whereas here, your attacks are simple and easy to dodge."

That was when they fired their guns. The projectiles came fast, and I managed to teleport into the trees behind them just in time. I examined myself just to be sure, though. A hole blew straight through the lower part of my jacket. Luckily it was more toward the side than the middle.

they ruined my fucking jacket! oh well, better get outta here before they notice i'm behind 'em.

I teleported toward the sound of chatter and found everyone setting up tents in a large clearing, with some of the humans actually helping out. The ones on the outskirts and nearest to me aimed their weapons at me. I instinctively put my hands up in the air.