Chapter 23

(A/N: Sorry for the false publish. I accidently pressed publish before I was finished 😅 Anyways, you can enjoy the chapter for real this time 😊)

Frisk's P.O.V

"You're boyfriend's quite interesting," my father commented as I, or I guess we both, watched Sans and Undyne leave to join the others.

"Uh, w-what makes you say that?" I stammered, blushing while also a bit confused. Jas thought that kind of relationship "wasn't good for our reputation", so what makes him say that?

"He's a skeleton, for starters, he's a comedian, and I can tell he cares. If he wasn't a monster, we might both agree."

There it is.

"Then again, we can't stop you from seeing him, since your their ambassador. We better get going," he suddenly added. "If we don't start now, we'll be in a bad situation later with Jas."

"Yeah, don't want that to happen," I muttered to myself, thinking back to yesterday. I followed Carl down the path, lazily taking in the sights since there wasn't really anything else I could do.

"So let me get this right. You decidedly fell into the monster's home known as the Underground, travelled throughout it countless times because of your determination, which gives you time manipulation basically, finally free them after countless peaceful, neutral, and killing runs, fell in love with one of the monsters, of whom I'm sure you also killed during any of the killing runs, and now you become their ambassador."

"B-Besides the peaceful and killing runs being called pacifist and g-genocide, y-yeah. Although falling into the Underground wasn't completely part of the plan I had in mind when I first fell."

"What was your plan the first time, if you don't mind me asking."

"I didn't even know it was Mount Ebott before I fell down there. I just saw it as another temporary place to stay until I got moving sometime afterwards. When I fell... I felt, a-and I know this isn't the kind of th-thing you would want to h-hear, but... I felt relieved. I wanted to die, after all the suffering I had endured. I didn't die from the fall though, and after meeting a few monsters, I then didn't want to die. I wanted to help them."

"You kind of sound like your mother," he joked. "Set on something placed in front of you despite the many difficult obstacles in the way. Even when you don't even know everything about your goal."

"Could my mother have a determination soul as well, then?" I thought aloud, although quiet enough so only I could hear. "I must have had the most determination no matter how determined she got though."

"Is there something you mind telling me?" Carl interrupted my thoughts sternly, bringing me back before I smacked into his back. I didn't realize he had stopped.

"Umm, n-no. I was just thinking out loud."

"You keep mentioning souls and expect me and Jas to understand," he seemed to continue on, as though he hadn't heard me. "However, we don't. Would you mind clarifying what they are?"

How does this guy completely shift moods so quickly? I thought in a bit of a panic. Can I trust him, after seeing something like earlier? After seeing him now?! Changing from a joking manner to a stern one just because of something I accidently said aloud? And then continue pressuring the matter onto me when a normal person, a normal parent, would just ignore it?

They just don't know how to act as parents, that's all. Plus, he's my father. He won't do anything, I shakily reassured myself before pulling out my soul and showing it to my father, who was peering over his shoulder with a cold glare. I felt terrified, but not by his stare, but by how dim and gray my soul looked compared to its usual appearance.