Chapter 34

Alphys' P.O.V

(A/N: Didn't expect this, now, didja!?

And yes, Alphys occasionally refers to Undyne as her waifu. The same goes for Undyne with Alphys if I were to put something in her P.O.V.

Also, HOW DID CHAPTER 34 BECOME PART 40?!?!)

Yesterday was worrisome, and the call from Grillby didn't make today any different. He said something about a soul check up for Sans, and I kind of already knew what to expect. Yesterday, Chara had asked for the same thing for Frisk, and after I received the results, I was extremely worried for her other half. Now ex-half after I heard of the break up. It's sad to know your otp has broken up.

Yesterday

Undyne and I were sitting on the couch, snuggled up to each other as we binge watched anime. A loud ringing interrupted us, making the both of us jump while we were anxiously waiting for the kiss scene to happen. It was my phone. I quickly grabbed it and answered whoever was calling, Undyne pausing the anime for me.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered.

"Hey Alphys. It's Chara," the person on the other end said. "Did I interrupt anything?" A deep blush covered my face, but I tried not to let my embarrassed nervousness slip into my voice.

"U-Uh, o-other than a kiss scene, no. U-Undyne and I were j-just watching some anime."

"Oh. Well... sorrry anyways." It felt like pain trying to claw its way through the phone, hearing her say that one word. It was obvious she still was not used to it, being kind after all she did and went through. "Either way, this is kinda important, and I don't want it to become increasingly important."

"A-Alright. What is th-this important thing?" I caught my fish waifu staring at me, a questioning expression on her face as she glanced from me to the TV and then back at me. I shook my head no, which resulted in her getting mad and frustrated and sinking into the couch. I stifled a laugh as I listened to what the human girl had to say. Well, woman at this point.

"Is a cracked soul bad?" she asked, avoiding my question.

"F-For monsters, very much so. However, i-if you're asking on behalf of a-another human, I can't say. There were hardly a-any notes on human souls as far as cracking or l-loss of color since the only ones we had were the ones f-for the barrier." Her frustration apparently now forgotten, Undyne stared at me with interest, trying to listen in on the conversation. I didn't mind it, as she probably guessed who was on the other end by now.

"So a soul losing its color can happen?"

"As f-far as I know. S-Some of the notes on human souls dated as far back as before the war, so wh-whoever the royal scientist was back then must have done at l-least a bit of research."

"What could happen to the person if their soul cracks or loses its color?"

I rested against my significant other as I thought back to what the notes said, gently rubbing my temple in a circular motion.

"W-Well... if a soul loses color, it isn't too b-bad unless it has been like that for... a while. A-A long while. If it has not been th-that long, then we could bring the color back. Though, i-it will take a lot of patience when first trying to restore the c-color." Undyne temporarily took my phone out my hand, put it on speaker, then gave it back. "When a soul cracks, a-a-and I'm mostly going off of m-monster soul research, i-it... can heal. The process is just r-really long and requires the cooperation of a-all who were affected."