Chapter 11

Frisk's P.O.V

I glanced suspiciously at Flowey, who was looking as though he was trying to hide something. Everyone else broke into chatter about how this surface world will look like.

"heh, imagine that," Sans said, his arms, which were casually wrapped around me, tightening a little bit. "us two with a life on the surface."

I laughed quietly, a light blush spreading across my cheeks. "That would be nice," I replied.

"Toriel," Mettaton said, speaking above the conversations, "why don't you go back to the ruins and gather up all the monsters and bring the to the castle, telling them that the barrier had been broken?"

"Of course," Mom replied. "Chara, Asriel, my children, would you mind helping me?"

"Sure," my siblings replied, and the three of them went out of the house, headed for the ruins.

"Undyne, Papyrus. Why don't you two meet the rest of us there?"

"Sure," Undyne replied. "Come on Papyrus! Bet I'll be the first one there!"

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, UNDYNE!" Papyrus replied, jumping out the window while Undyne rushed out the door.

"paps! i just paid for that window!"

A faint "SORRY, BROTHER," could be heard from outside as the two most likely raced each other to Waterfall.

"Did you actually pay for the window?" I asked Sans.

"yeah, actually."

"Alphys," Mettaton continued, "will you help me set up for the show back in Hotland?"

"S-Sure, Mettaton," Alphys replied. Then for some reason, she glanced at me, with this strange look in her eyes. Some mix between awe and wonder. "Frisk, w-would you mind c-coming with us?"

"I don't mind, Alphys," I replied, standing up.

"i can get ya guys there," Sans said, standing up as well.

"I'll go wait for the rest of you at the castle," Dad said and headed out the door.

I could barely process what happened next, for as I watched the door close behind the monster king, the room changed to Alphys' lab.

"Wha-" I started, confused, before I felt a weight fall against me.

"maybe i should've tested to see how many people i can take before tryin' somethin' like that," Sans said, sounding as though his energy had been drained from him.

"Maybe you should have, numbskull," I joked softly.

"Sans, Frisk," Alphys interrupted, starting to walk away with Mettaton in the lead. "C-Can you two w-wait here f-for a minute?"

"shore thing."

I was about to reply a 'sure' as well, but a sudden darkening of the room made my breath catch in my throat. Instead of Alphys walking calmly away from us, she was shambling and I could hear her sobs as they echoed around the dark, empty room.

I glanced to the left, where Alphys' giant screen was, and what showed made me start shaking. I could tell it was me in my old clothes, although my back was turned, and a pile of dust lay on the ground in Waterfall. Sans' presence disappeared from my senses as I was drawn into this nightmare-like vision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sans' P.O.V

I didn't feel like getting off Frisk and stand on my own. One, because all my strength had been depleted by that teleport, and two, she didn't seem to mind it. However, I did once I felt her starting to shake after Alphys had walked away from us to go help the tin can with his show.