Chapter 3

Flowey/Asriel's P.O.V

I sighed, resting my head against one of my leaves as I listened to the boring argument, trailing the other one along the top of my pot. The trash bag's brother and his friends came over, asking and demanding where he was so they could go home. At the entrance to the hall, I saw him appear and all eyes turned toward him.

"uh, did i miss something?" Sans asked.

"No," I replied flatly. "Now just go hone with them so some quiet can find its place in this house."

"i don' really see how that can happen weed, with frisk bein' sick an' all."

"THE HUMAN'S SICK?!" Papyrus gasped. "SANS, HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME SOONER? I MUST SEE HER!"

I reached out a vine and pulled the tall skeleton back, making sure he didn't go into the hallway.

"She's terribly sick as it is," I told him. "If anything, it will be better if you don't see her for now."

"why don't ya go watch her then? tori said to make sure either you or chara is watching over her."

"Fine. I will. You just make sure no one visits her, smiling trash bag. I'm not sure if her sickness is only for humans or if can spread to monsters as well."

"Then get going, Azzy," Chara said. "Unless you need to be carried."

"I do not!" I cried out, embarrassed. I went underground and through the tube that connected my pot to the ground. I worked my usual way to Frisk's room and went through another tube of a different pot. I popped into the open air, and as expected, her room greeted me.

She must have fallen asleep, I thought, hearing her soft snoring. Don't worry, sis. I'll make sure you get some undisturbed rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to the sound of the door closing.

"I'm sorry for waking you, Asriel," came Frisk's hoarse voice, followed by a cough.

"Frisk!" I scolded quietly, instantly awoken by my worry. "You shouldn't be out of bed! Mom said-"

"I know what she said, but I needed a drink and I didn't want to wake you because you need your sleep as well." I heard the slight creak of her bed as she lay back down.

"Are the smiley trash bag and the others still around?"

"Sans was granted the night to stay here, but the others have all left for their homes."

"Fine then. New topic. How did you get this sick? It's not normal is it? For a human?"

"I'm not sure how I got it. I just felt dizzy all of a sudden when I arrived at the top of the stairs. As for if it's normal among humans, it could, but the only really normal sickness for us to get are colds.
(A/N: Whatever I say is not accurate. Or it could be. I'm not a doctor nor do I casually look up things like that, so I have no clue. Sorry for my interruption 😅)
But it might be among the many other sicknesses or diseases known to humankind."

"So there's not much help for you down in the Underground, then?"

Frisk hesitated before answering. "I'm not sure."

A moment of uneasy silence followed.

"So it is the trash bag, then?" I realized, while also trying to tease my sister to get rid of the uneasiness. I saw her face light up with blush, not that it wasn't already because of her sickness. "I can't believe I only realized that now."

"Please stop talking," Frisk moaned, covering her head with her blankets.

"oh, no," Sans' voice said from the doorway. "please do explain."

I glanced from Sans to Frisk and back again. "Nope!" I said, and went underground to go into mine and Chara's room and stay there.

I'm sorry I had to leave you, sis, I thought, trying to also reassure myself that it was the right thing to do. But if I had stayed, I would be breaking that promise with Sans. About the run before this one and after the last genocide run.

(A/N: Hello, my guardians! Short chapter, I know, but I wasn't quite sure what else to put in here. So, I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye!)