Reveal Yourself to Me

Chapter 2

A/N: Longer chapter. Enjoy the show...

          Noisy. That's the only way to  I describe the palace after the prince's return. Everyone was celebrating, even the usually "stiff" guards and officials were taking part in their fair share of the party.

          It was dusk now, the sky a yellowish gold. A certain young captain stood by himself in the shadowy corner of the massive Court of the King were the celebrating was taking place. His eyes were closed and his arms were crossed against his broad chest, (everyone around him called it his usual position). Though it seemed like his mind was somewhere else, his was deeply involved with his surroundings, or more like, one particular person.
I need to see him. I want to look at him. I can't wait anymore. He kept repeating it over and over in his mind until his body practically begged him to move, move toward the thrones. His body moved without any hesitation. I'm not waiting anymore."

           Pushing through the crowd of people, he never took his eyes of the massive crystal and diamond clock that hung on the wall above the king's throne. So close. Almost there.
           He stopped in his tracks. Huh? No one but King Zeff and Judge were sitting there. Dammit! The captain's eyes narrowed slightly; but just as he was about to turn around and leave, he heard the king's voice call him out.
           He turned and walked up to the king and Judge. Bowing he smiled slightly, "Your majesty. I'm surprised you spotted me in such a crowd." Zeff laughed at his comment.
           "Well, honestly kid you're pretty easy to spot. Hahaha!" The younger man looked away, a little embarrassed, "So," continued King Zeff, "How are you?"
           "Huh?" said both the captain and Judge at the same time.
           "I-I'm fine, your majesty. Thank you(?)"
           "Don't give me that. I've been watching you kid. I know what's going on." He looked mad to the young captain. If the king was mad that wasn't a good thing.
           Trying to figure out what to say, the boy opened his mouth to speak. But suddenly, King Zeff broke into a large toothy grin.
           "Haha! Relax kid I'm not mad at ya!"
Ugh. Does he read minds? A drop of sweat fell behind the boy's head (anime style). Then, much to the captain's surprise, the king looked at him and smiled, his eyes full of understanding and kindness.
           "He's in the garden."
           The boy's eyes widened. He bowed and walked away briskly, Judge's eyes narrowed at him as he disappeared into the palace.

          He ran quickly, trying to ignore the pounding of his heart. Once at the entrance of the garden, (it took a while to get there), he took a deep breath.   You can do this.
           The palace garden was in the middle of a massive hedge maze, the captain was grunting in annoyance as he made the long (boring) trek toward the center.
           He made it.
           Looking around eagerly, while trying to keep his cool, he scanned the area.
           These past two years, they had transformed the garden into a gorgeous wonderland. The small pond was much bigger, it had lily pads on the surface, and koi swimming in the cool water. There was more trees and flowers and other plants growing. It was incredible.
           But the captain wasn't there to see the sights, despite the fact that he had not set foot in that garden in two years. No, he was hunting for a different prize.
           Nothing. He wasn't there. Perhaps he had left. But then again, he would have seen the him leave. Then again maybe not.
           In the midst of his wild thoughts, he saw, standing by the pond, a figure, tall and slim. This man's back was facing the captain, so he still didn't get a glimpse of his face. But his body. Oh his body.
           His hair was like gold. His shoulders were broad but delicate. The black pants he wore showcased his long beautiful legs.
           The captain didn't realize it right away, but his mouth was gaping open.
           Snapping back into reality, he noticed that the young man in front of him held something in his right hand. What's he got-
           As soon as the captain took a step foreword the sound of a twig snapping could be heard ringing through the empty air. Shit! His eyes darted to the ground, but his face changed when he realized that he had not stepped on anything at all. He head shot up.
           The young man in front of him, wasn't looking at him, but to his side. Out from somewhere the captain couldn't see, another tall figure appeared, another young man.
           The captain hid behind a hedge in a flash, the last thing he wanted was to be seen now.
           Peeking out, he watched as the other man said something that he couldn't hear. Then, both of them walked off, then disappeared.
Once he thought the coast was clear, the captain stepped out, and stared at the spot were he watched them leave.
           He sighed, "I'm never gonna talk to him if this keeps up." He then noticed something small and white on the ground. Kicking it over with his foot he examined it, "Huh? A cigarette?"