Other Bonds to be Fixed

A/N: Oof when's the last time I updated this? Don't tell me! Just enjoy the show...

"Mm, Usopp when do you think we'll be done here?" Luffy complained. Poor Usopp had to hear his whining for the past half hour, "It's getting hotter. I wanna go down and get something too eat~" Usopp shook. His face red with anger, and because of the heat as well.
"UGH! Luffy shut the hell up! I can feel the heat just as much as you can! I'm hungry too. But this is our JOB. Shut it!" Silence.

"Hey Usopp? Do you wanna build a sno-"
"SHUT UP LUFFY!!"
"My, my. Such loud noises," said a soft calm voice. Both boys looked to the direction of the interruption. Usopp's face lit up instantly.
"Ah Robin! It's great to see you. What brings you up here on the guard tower?" The woman looked so elegant, as if he heat did not faze her.
"I'm here to give you the good news."
"WE CAN COME DOWN NOW?!" Luffy nearly begged. Robin laughed lightly.
"Yes, but that's not the good news."
"Well what is it?" Luffy's eyes sparkled now, "We can eat now too?!"
"Unit T has arrived back from their mission. They are currently in the courtyard. I would like you both to greet them and assist them in moving back in the officers quarters."
"Yes ma'am!" Usopp bowed.
"Unit T you said," the raven haired boy questioned, his voice serious. Robin's smile widened.
"Yes. Unit T."

The young captains finally made it to the courtyard, finding it full of tired guards and vice captains. They spotted two men they new.
"Hey Penguin! Shachi!" Usopp waved from across the courtyard. The pair turned around. Huge smiles spread across their faces.
"Hello Usopp! Long time no see!" They walked over to each other.
"How was your mission?" Asked the captain (Usopp lol).
"Ah it went fairly smooth," Penguin replied, "But there was this one time-"
Luffy, despite being right next to them, wasn't listening to the conversation. He seemed to be looking for something. For someone. Shachi noticed this.
"Straw hat."
"Hm?"
"Have you seen the infirmary? I think the men would love it if you visited them, give them some words of encouragement," he smiled, "And... the Doctor, would be most appreciative of it... I'm sure."
Luffy understood right away. He nodded once, and dashed off, without anyone else noticing.

The infirmary was packed with wounded soldiers. All of them were already bandaged up and half of them were being transported back to their living quarters. There was a line of beds along each wall, each of them full. Each man was worked on by the doctor. Their captain.
"What happened to all you guys?!" Luffy blurted out.
"Ah, Straw Hat! You became a captain, that's great!" exclaimed one of the soldiers who had a bandage around his head, "We were up against a Gang-lord," he explained.
"You look awful."
"Ha! You should see the other guy. We pummeled them to the ground!" Luffy's eyes sparkled.
"REALLY?! THATS SO COOL!" About ten nurses shushed the dark haired lad. The soldier continued,
"Captain Law was incredible. I've never seen him fight so hard." Luffy grew serious for a moment.
"And... where is he now?"
"The captain's in that room over there. You can't see him yet though. They won't let you until he's done with all of us."
"I see." A nurse came to Luffy saying,
"If you'd like sir, you can wait for him in the other room. We only have five more patients left. But I don't know how long it will take."
"That's doesn't matter. I'll wait..."

It was late, the sun was beginning to set. Luffy waited for hours to see the other captain. He didn't care if he didn't want to see him. He was going to talk to Law. Finally, the door opened. It was a nurse.
"The Doctor has one more patient. Just thought I would let you know." She smiled. Luffy nodded and she left.
That one more patient took longer than expected. But he did not budge. This had to be done today. The sun was now set, the sky golden and traces of dark blue.

The door opened for the final time. It was him. The captain. The doctor. He didn't say a word, he only stared at the young boy, now a man, standing before him.
"I'm a caption now," Luffy's voice was serious, there was no greeting, "So I'm much stronger." Law said nothing, "Now... we're equals." Dead silence. Luffy's heart pounded in his chest. The silence was deadly. Until finally he older boy spoke.
"No." Luffy was surprised at first, then went back to serious, "We're not equals Straw Hat..." Law had his right arm hidden under his yellow kimono, but now pulled the fabric away to reveal a bandaged arm. He removed a layer of his kimono, leaving him shirtless. His left shoulder, torso and back were also bandaged up, "My arm was injured during battle. There is a gash in my left shoulder. I was stabbed in the abdomen, and I had to remove one of my kidneys to save the life of one of my men." Luffy's eyes grew wide. "So, as you can see. We are not equals. I have become weaker since you last saw me. I've been beaten down. I'm no longer as strong as I once was. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get my full strength back in my arm... I am nothing no-"
"SHUT UP!" Luffy yelled, catching Law off-guard, "You're not weak! You're just hurt, that's all! You'll be better soon I swear!"
"Straw Hat-"
"So what if you're a little busted up. What does that have to do with me?! What does that have to do with us?"
"I d-"
"Law! I don't care that your wounded. I don't care that you think your weak. I did care that we haven't seen each other the last two years! I still love you!!"
Law's golden eyes grew wide.
"L-Luffy."
"I still love you," the boy repeated calmly, a small smile growing on his face. There was silence again. The older boy looked to the ground, as if he was ashamed of what he had said.
"Are you hurting now?"
"No. There's no pain. I managed to- Mm!" Law was cut off my a pair of familiar lips on his own. Luffy placed his hands on the sides of Law's face and deepened the kiss. He pulled away with a loud sound.
"I missed you a lot ya know! Hee hee!" He smiled his huge signature smile. Secretly, though Law would never admit it, that smile melted his heart. He smiled lightly down at the boy.
"You've grown as well," He noticed.
"Mm-hm! I'm stronger and quicker now!" He winked up at him. Law blushed lightly and looked away.
"Of course thats where your mind goes. You're worse than the prince I think."
"Nope, Sanji's got it all covered."
There stared into each other's eye once more. The moon now rising into the sky. Law bent down and kissed the younger captain, over and over again. The night had just begun.