What Booze Can Do

"So he comes back today?"
"Yeah, so I've heard."
"I've heard rumors about him, is he for real?"
"I guess we'll find out soon."
Two palace guards chatted as they made their way to their posts. They were talking about the arrival of a vice captain.
"How long has he been on this mission?"
"I few years now?"
"Wow."
"Oh Captain Roronora sir!"
"Hm?" A green haired young man turned around.
Eh? He looks sleepy, both thought at the same time.
"What is it?"
"All preparations have been set and we are waiting for his arrival."
"Good." Zoro yawned.
He doesn't look ready at all.

Meanwhile in the Royal Dining Hall:
"So brat, guess who's coming back today," King Zeff leaned over as he spoke with the blond prince.
"I know who's arriving today. In fact, I arranged for my friends and I to visit an onsen tonight to celebrate his return."
"Ha, you mean you just want to go drinking with the ladies," Niji butt in. Sanji was still mad that they were still "visiting". Reiju smiled at her brother from across the table.
"Uncle Zeff," she said kindly.
"Hm?"
"Don't you think it's a little unsafe for Sanji to go without protection." The blond narrowed his eyes at her.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I think he should have... a bodyguard." She smirked, but dared not look at her brother.
"I suppose," Zeff gave in.
"No." Sanji said sternly.
"Yes. And if you don't mind me saying so uncle, there was that one man who I think is perfect for the job. A captain with... green hair."
"Oh that kid!" Zeff chuckled, "You!" He called to one of the servants, "Tell that moss head captain he's to guard this brat and his friends tonight."
"Yes sire!"
"Awww, whittle Sanji needs a bodyguard~" Niji mocked. The three brothers laughed. Sanji said nothing. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

Outside of the palace gates facing the west, many guards and captains and even prince Sanji himself stood to welcome the return of the vice captain.
"Here he comes," Sanji muttered to Robin. She smiled in response. From a long distance away, a tall figure appeared. It suddenly waved almost desperately.
"Prince Saaaannnjiiiiiiiii!!!!! You're so grown up!"
"Brace yourself," Robin commented.
"Wow. Is that-" Usopp's mouth gaped open.
"Is he a-" Luffy's mouth did the same as the tall figure ran comically toward the group, with a strange distinct laugh.
"YOHOHOHOHOHOOOOO!!!"
"Brook!" Sanji called. A tall skeleton embrace the prince.
"Oh I missed you your highness! And Robin-Chan! You as well!!"
All the guards, including Zoro, had their eyes open wide, and their mouths ready to catch flies. Zoro could hardly manage any words.
"What the fu-"

The next hour there was much explaining and story telling. All that the group of friends cared about was having Brook back.
"So!" Began the skeleton, "I must apologize Prince Sanji and to you as well Robin-chan. I stopped writing back to your letters more than two years ago. I was so busy you see. More than I thought I'd be actually. Yohohohohoho!"
"Don't worry about it Brook. I was away from Grand Jipang for two years myself."
"I had my hands full as well," the raven haired woman added.
"I see. I see. Oh! But I heard there was something special planed tonight?" The tall skeleton inquired.
"Yup!" Sanji smiled, "We'll be leaving soon. We're waiting for a few others."
Once again, Zoro had no clue what was going on. What were they talking about? He was so confused. There was a freaking SKELETON in the palace!!

Later that afternoon, three old familiar faces showed up at the caste gates. There to greet them were Luffy, Usopp, Sanji (followed by Zoro), and Robin.
"Nami!" Usopp exclaimed.
"Chopper!" Luffy opened his arms wide as the little reindeer laughed, happily jumping into the boy's rubber arms.
"Hello Cyborg-san," Robin greeted Franky with a warm smile.
"Hey there Robin! What's up Sanji?"
"Hey Franky. Thanks for coming. I know you're all really busy."
"Wouldn't miss this for the world. It's been two years since we all have been able to hang out like this!" Nami cooed, "Zoro you big brute. I can't believe you got promoted!"
"Yeah whatever," Zoro grumbled.
"Okay everyone! Tonight as you know we'll be celebrating the return of one of our most beloved Vice Captains! Meet Brook!" Brook stepped out from the shadows. Nami, Chopper, and Franky went totally white.
"Hello everyone!"
"A SKELETON?!?!?" They screamed. Luffy chuckled.
"Hee hee. Isn't he cool?"