♥Chapter 1

Chapter One [Edited]

Charlotte's POV

----------

Beep. Beep.

          My alarm clock sounded for the third time this morning. I really didn't want to get up, but I turned over in my warm cocoon of covers and  turned the alarm clock off. 8 AM silently flashed in my face.

          "Crap" I muttered to myself whilst stumbling out of bed. I had slept in. Opening my closet, I found some short denim shorts, a blue tee, and matching sandals. Slipping them on, I went to the mirror, to be pleased with the result of the outfit; it showed my tanned legs, and the blue tee fitted my body nicely. I grabbed a pale lipstick and ran it smoothly across my lips. My other friends found their make up to be their best friends, which they couldn't live without, but me on the other hand barely wore it.My blue eyes watched my as I dragged a brush through my blond curls and gave myself a curt nod in the mirror before running down stairs. I knew I wasn't bad looking, but I was just average. I liked being that way, that meaned less attention.

          "Darling, sit down. I made pancakes" My mom said to me, over the loud noise of the pancakes sizzling.

          "I haven't got time, Mom." I told her and felt immediately guilty. I couldn't help the fact I slept in late, I blame the alarm clock for being so annoying. Maybe if the machine woke me up nicely, I might feel as if I had to get up. Giving a small smile to my Mom to know I wasn't in a mood with her, and in fact my alarm clock, I turned to my older brother Dan. He was much taller than me, and very strong. He was a wall of muscles that towered over me and most other people. Not only with his muscles, Dan had my blue eyes with jet black hair. I hated getting told by my friends how gorgeous he was. Some even tried to sleep over at mine just to try and talk to him, which I found very pathetic. I mean, in a couple years he would be leaving for the Army or something like that, so I'd have to use the most out of him while I could. "Dan. Can I have a lift please? I'm running late" I begged, battering my eye lashes and trying to pull off my best puppy dog face.

          He groaned in reply, and stuffed in the last bit of pancake into his mouth, eating like a pig as he headed towards the front door. I gave a small wave to Mom before following him out into the warm sunshine. I took a deep breath, breathing in the smell of flowers. Mom had done the front yard out perfectly, the house surrounded in pretty much every colour flower you could think of.

          We made our way over to the side of the road where Dan had parked his 'baby'. My family were far off from rich, but we lived comfortably. Dan had bought a beat up banger for a car, and using his pocket money every month, fixed it and built it up. At first I was shocked with the change, and was now happy to get Dan drive me round whenever he would. Sitting in the passenger seat, I pulled on my Ray-Bands and let the car drive me down the familiar route to school.

♥♥

          At school, there were boys and girls, all swarming into the same big building, with big double doors. As I looked round, girls and boys were hugging each other tight, as they obviously missed each other. It was the start of a new year and my summer holidays never had much of a story to tell. I had a good life, but nothing ever seemed full-filling enough. I got out the car and pushed the door shut. I mouthed a 'thank you' to my brother, and turned to walk into school. Lucky enough for him, he had just finished school the year before so he didn't have to bother with High School. 

          "CHARLOTTE!" I heard two voices shout my name from not too far away. Turning on my heel in the direction of the noise, two bodies slammed into me as we had our own embrace like I saw a few other people having a few moments ago. I let a little laugh escape from my lips until I finally pulled apart from them both.

          "Hey" I smiled at them both. Alice was the girl on my left, with short brown pixie hair and the greenest eyes I had ever seen. She was always the funnest to be around, her laughter contagious and her outgoing personality always meant invites for us for parties. Maddie was on my right, with strait black hair and blue eyes like mine, but nowhere near as blue. Maddie and me struggled to get on most of the time, and I felt our friendship could be strained at times, but she did support me last summer when it came to my Dad-

          "Charlotte, Me and Maddie were going to go down the beach after school, and we were going to meet with some of the guys. You'll come right?" Alice said, looking hopeful. I guess I had been harsh on them, I didn't get out of the house much in the holidays.

          "Yeah, sure. Not many of us though". I agreed. I hated going to large meet ups where the girls would end up ditching me anyway. I meant, if I was to be invited I wanted to feel like people wanted me there! We turned and started walking together as the girls started a conversation, where I nodded in all the right places and not really listening to what they were saying. The bell suddenly sounded, and it rung in my ears. All the students all swarmed out of a packed corridor into their set classes. I looked down at my timetable to see for first period I had Maths. Great. 

          Please note the sarcasm.

----------

Authors Comment.

Hey! I hope you liked my first chapter! This has been edited a little, but its still not nearly as long or written to what I would of hoped. Anyway, please stick to the story... IT DOES GET BETTER. Reading my old work seriously makes me either want to laugh at my failed attempts or to cry at all the time I wasted.

...Anyway, please vote as you read, it would mean the world to me. Also, as you go along the story, leave me your comments and thoughts! I seriously love hearing what the readers think! 

Thank you very much:)