♥Chapter 8

Charlotte

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

Justin was coming home later today, he thought around midnight. I promised myself I'd be awake to greet him home. I didn't reply often to his texts. As much as I missed him, it made me feel he didn't need me, the way I depend on him. He was coming back to Stratford, but he didn't know how long he'd have at home before getting shipped back to Atlanta with Scooter. Scooter seemed like a nice guy, and Justin admired him very much, but I couldn't help hating the fact it was his fault that Justin was staying away from me. 

Wait, wasn't it my idea to put the video's on YouTube? I shook my head, I never meant him to be swept away like this. I just wanted his dream to come true. 

My phone was ringing, and a picture of Alice came up on the screen. 

{C= Charlotte. A=Alice}

C: "Hey Alice, what's up?"

A: "Pool Party, my place. You coming? Nearly every-ones coming, got a BBQ. Come on, pleaseeee."

C: "Well.. Justin's coming home tonight. I'm not staying out long"

A: "How come he always comes first now? You have to admit there's something more than friends between you two"

C: "What?! Why does everyone jump to that conclusion? Can't a girl and a boy be friends without anything more happening?"

A: "Sure. Whatever you say. Just come, please?"

Suddenly, the phone went dead. Hung up, huh? What did she mean by that anyway? 'You have to admit there's something more than friends between you two'. Well, maybe i'll show her. I'll go to this stupid pool party if that will make her happy.

♥♥

Walking down the street, I turned a left to hear loud music, and teenagers laughing and talking loudly coming from a familiar white fence. I push open the gate, and a few people rush up to greet me.

"Hi Stranger. Why haven't I seen you in a while?" Connor said with a wink. Eugh, I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He didn't seem to be drunk, just very.. tipsy. 

"I've been busy" I muttered.

"Yeah, with Justin". Maddie added spitefully. I gave her a dirty look.

"So what if I have?" I said back to her, in the strongest voice I could muster, but I sounded weak. 

"You always think you can have whatever guy you like, but this time, Justin probably doesn't want you" That stung a little. Justin just liked me as a friend, and I only liked him as a friend. What did Maddie know what she was talking about anyway? "He made it pretty clear on the beach, that he wanted me". I couldn't help laugh at this; I remember hearing Justin say she was kinda creepy.