♥Chapter 9

Charlotte.

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

I opened my heavy eye lids. Eugh, I felt so sick. I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes. Looking around, I noticed I was in a hospital bed, with Justin slept in a chair next to me. 

"J-Justin?" My voice shook, it sounded so hoarse.

"Charlotte! Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Justin woke, suddenly worried and talking really fast.  I looked at his concerned face, his hair messy but swept to the side, his eyes looked sad. My eyes fell to his full lips, he had a little stitching just above his top lip. Without really knowing what I was doing, I stroked his smooth face, and gently let my hands stop at his cut. 

"Justin, I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt". Watching his features and emotions all the more today,  he looked more shocked than anything. I realised my hands were still placed on his lips, and let my arm drop to my side. "Can I go home?"

"Sure" he replied quietly. 

♥♥

Justin sat in the drivers seat. He hadn't said much to me the whole drive home. Things were different now, especially that I thought I had feelings more than friends towards him. His face still looked sad and other emotions I couldn't read. 

"Charlotte... can you tell me everything that happened at the party?" He spoke carefully. 

"Well, Alice called to invite me to a pool party, and, um, I went. Maddie was being a bit bitchy towards me, and Conner was a little drunk. I wanted to talk to Conner about- about something". Justin went very rigid when I told him.

"Yes- what did you want to talk to him for?" He spat. I've never seen Justin be so angry. His usual cute self, was replaced with this angry boy.

"I felt bad about the beach and how I ignored everyone" I lied as casually as I could.

"Come on Charlotte. I know you. Your lying" His chocolate eyes were looking deep in my own. So many emotions were clearly on his face.

"I'm not lying" I tried. Not looking at him anymore. 

"Im not going to bother you about it again tonight, go get some sleep, but I want to talk to you about it. I also got some bad news, but come round mine in the morning, okay?" I didnt look at him, I kissed his cheek lightly, and went inside my own house.

Justin was always there for me, he saved me from Conner, he slept by my hospital bed. Was there any way he could like me back? But wouldn't best friends do that too? I shook my head while getting undressed and slipping under the bed covers. I need Justin, but most of all, I need him to always be here. 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

A/N

Short chapter. All my chapters are short. I just wanted it to end there. Sorry. c:

BIG chapter next. Think it may be the most important one?! <3