♥Chapter 13

Charlotte.

-------------

Going to school without having a lift from Justin was when it all started off. Did he really expect me to live without him? I know it sounded drastic but I didnt want a life without Justin in it. Turning around only making it a couple of steps out of the door, I sat back at my kitchen counter. When my mum walked in she was furious, not at all sympathetic.

"What is the matter with you? You need to leave now or you'll be late. You look a mess as well! Havent you slept well? Did you even try to get ready this morning?" All she was doing was nagging. I didn't want to hear it. And I didnt want to get ready because Justin wasn't here. I have no-one else to impress. Because he left last night, I didnt get much sleep either. Not my fault blame Justin. No, even better, blame that Scooter guy. "Okay, I'll give you a lift into school but please stop sulking".

Sulking? I wasn't sulking, I was grieving. My best friend, my first proper love moves countries, and my own mother tells me to stop sulking. Okay, maybe I was being a little dramatic, but I had a right to. Its like no-one cares! I hardly see Dan anymore because he's basically living at college, but he did ring though... to see how I was 'holding up' without Justin. Dan liked him, because Justin protected me I think. It was one less responsibility for Dan. Justin would be in Atlanta now, unpacking probably. No calls, no texts. When I finally got out of the car of my mum pestering me on how I need to 'get out and make more friends' I was only bothered by a new source of annoyance. 

"Charlotte, look, I'm really sorry about that party thing. I know it was a while ago now, but I never got to apologise. I dont even remember what happened, I-"

"Look, I dont care. Just leave me alone Connor". Walking away from him, I put my hood up and put my shades on. Not just because of the great weather, because I had to cover up the dark circles under my eyes. I walked into my first class, not bothering to speak to anyone and sinking down in my English seat and trying not to be seen. Which was pretty hard since I knew Maddie was due to sit in the seat next to me. Looking around, class was 10 minutes in and Maddie wasnt here. Maybe she was sick. Maybe life was looking up?

----------

Walking into the school cafeteria, Alice gave me a big smile and hugged me. I looked round the table to see my old friends who were evidently p!ssed with me. Josh, Connor, Chaz, Ryan, Maddie. Alice scowled at them when she saw their evil glares they were giving me. I took a seat next to Alice at the end. Maddie obviously wansn't sick, she was probably just skipping because she thought she'd have to face an hour with me. Deciding not to eat anything I pulled out my phone to try distract myself from the evil glares form my ex-friends.

This probably wasnt a good idea. Neither was coming to school, but hey, I had to. Checking my phone just reminded me that I couldnt text Justin. Getting annoyed he still hadnt sent anything I locked it and slammed it on the table. Immediately regretting it because of the attention I had caught from the people around me. Slipping my bag on my shoulder I decided to get out of here. It was easy to tell I wasnt wanted. Just as I was standing up, Alice tugged me down. 

"Charlotte! Where do you think your going? We just got you back, we're not letting you go again"

"Only you wont let me go. Everyone else isnt fussed. Look, I'm not going to stay where I'm not wanted".  Saying this made the others on the table look a bit anxious. They were acting as if they really wanted me to stay. Funny that.

"Please dont go Charlotte. We do honestly want you here" Chaz said, almost... nervously? Were they scared of me? Hah!

"Yeah Charlotte, stay" Ryan piped up too. Looking round the table, I was suspicious. They liked me now?

"Yeah, we're acting bad. Seriously. Stay" Josh said. Josh? Yeah, Josh's nice and everything but I he was getting really buddy with Justin till I turned up, thought he'd hate me too. Connor was head down pretending to be really interested and Maddie simply gave me a look. Wasn't expecting them to speak up. 

------------

When we went out on the field like we usually did on nice days, it was very apparent of the group on two sides. Alice was head of the We-Want-Charlotte-Back group, including Ryan and Chaz who were pretty much back to normal, and Maddie led the We-Don't group, including Connor. As for Josh, I couldn't tell. He had told me to stay sitting with them for lunch but he wasn't acting the same with me. I guess I'd be upset if one of my best friends ran off with a new student and left me hanging for months. I'm a bad friend, and a bad daughter.

Its just, when I was with Justin I was happy. 

Now, I'm miserable. 

I simply slipped back into this routine I used to be okay with, but now all I want is Justin to be here.

Guess my life is going to be like this forever, simply following the crowd. 

----------

A/N

Next chapter we are going to skip 2 years. So, Justin will be completely famous, just about to start his My World tour which starts in Canada. 

You can probably guess that the time that Justin is in Canada, that Charlotte runs into him.

Yup, I SHIP JARLOTTE. haha, like?