♥Chapter 17

Charlottes POV.

Stepping out of the car, I felt a little under dressed. It was meant to be a 'fancy' restaurant, but I didnt expect it to be like this. Where as I was wearing black skinny jeans and a golden off-one-shoulder top, people were sitting at tables wearing dresses that reached the floor. My mum must of thought the same thing as she was wearing a summer cocktail dress, but at least she want wearing jeans. Justin on the other hand was wearing dark blue washed jeans, but he could get away with it. He was the Justin Bieber for gods sake! It was funny, he used to be just, Justin. The boy across the road, my best friend, class mate. Now he was the Justin Bieber. Famous singer, rich, stranger. That last word was kind of depressing. Following a waiter who showed us to a seat at the back, I took the seat closest to the wall, my mum sat down next to me, Pattie sat opposite her, which left the only seat left for Justin. Opposite me. Right in my eye line.

"Pattie and myself are just going to the ladies room. You two stay and chat." My mum said while her and Pattie tried to get away. 

"No! Wait, I'll come!" I said desperately.

"We need to talk anyway. Catch up with Justin." I gave her my best glare, but not to be rude, I sat back in my own chair. Facing Justin, I noticed he was playing with his knife.

"Dont play with knives." I blurted out before I even knew what I was saying. A small smile crept onto his face and he placed the knife down carefully.

"Can I ask you something?" Justin asked quietly after looking at me for a while. I nodded, biting my tongue to stop me from saying another stupid thing like, 'you just did'. "It was a couple years back, but why did you hang up when I phoned you? You never called back either. Not even a text or anything.. Ah, you dont have to answer me." 

"Do you want the truth?" I asked him, and he nodded. I took a deep breath, and told him everything he needed to know. "Once you had left, I was angry with you. You did the right thing, but I couldnt help being angry that you just left and didnt even bother getting in contact sooner. I cried every day for you to come back.. and then you called. I had two options, be happy to talk to you but I knew that you'd be too busy for me. You'd have your work and other friends. I hadn't forgiven you then anyway, so I went with the other option; I let you go. This was selfish, but it was easier. I thought that if I let you go, I wouldnt have to break my heart every time you called. You tell me you loved me, then you just went. Like that. I sent you a "Happy Birthday" message, but I never got anything back so I stopped. I couldnt forget about you though, every day I was reminded of something." 

I watched Justin as he took in everything I was saying. I didnt mean to tell him everything, but once I had started.. I couldnt really stop. 

"Ah." Justin said once I finished. Was that all he had to say? Furious and embarrassed I played with the napkin on my plate, trying to distract myself from Justin still staring at me. "I never got a happy birthday message. Which number did you send it to?" Sighing I realised that was the only thing he actually got from what I had said.