Curiosity

I looked for those two places where it was easy to access, but they seem to have disappeared, I gave up after a while, there was a place here that was "open" in the sunlight, but they had huge fences, some stayed there during the day, one of them, Jason, stood in a corner, alone and from time to time something came up to him, like butterflies or a small bird.
He never said anything, I wonder why, but I never asked him directly, but for a brief moment, Hannibal Lecter told me that some of us are children in adult bodies. What did he mean with this...?
Today, I went into that place, and found few people, but, as always, Jason was in his corner, sitting on the ground, while this time a bird was on his shoulder, he did not seem to bother with the little animal. I hesitated a little before starting to approach him, who did not seem to notice my presence getting closer, I could see in his mask a little, that his eyes were closed.
Carefully I sat down beside him, I realized he opened his eyes, and his head slowly turned in my direction.

- Hello...?- I said giving a slight nod, he kept staring at me, and then nodded in response.- Huh... I-I'm (Y/N) (L/N), your name is Jason, right...?- Again, he nodded in response.- You don't speak...?-He shook his head as if to say "No."- Why?- Jason did nothing, just stared at the floor.- You don't know how to speak?- He shook his head again to say no.- Oh...

I looked at the ground too, the bird that was before on his shoulder, was now in front of us, staring at us, and then making noises.

- If you want, I can teach you to talk, I'm not good at teaching things, but I can try.- I said, and then he looked in my direction again.- Do you want to try?- He nodded.- Okay, we can start tomorrow if you want.- He nodded again. I got up, said goodbye, and left the place, but on the way, Hannibal stopped me.
- It's great to see you're starting to interact with others, not just those two, Miss (Y / N).- Hannibal said
- How do you know...?- He just smiled.
- I noticed that you do not seem to interact much with anyone, have difficulty trusting people, am I right?- He said.
- Yes...- His smile widened.
- You're going to teach Jason to talk, right?- He said.
- Yes... Why?- I said.
- If you don't mind, I would recommend another "student" for you.- He motioned for me to follow him.

I followed him into the cell corridor, where he pointed to the cell that was next to mine. The cell was of the Man with the mask that looked like a distorted human face.

- Thomas, could you come here?- Hannibal said. That man appeared, grunting.
- Miss (Y/N), I think you already know Thomas, he, like Jason, doesn't know how to speak, but unlike him, Thomas communicates through grunts.- He said.- I'd like to ask you to teach Thomas to talk too.
- Oh, no problem, if he wants, we can start tomorrow.- He grunted, and gave me a little hug, then went back to his cell.
- I'm glad you're motivated to teach them, as I said, some people here are like children in adult bodies, Thomas for example, he was not aware of his actions, but he still ended up being brought here.- Hannibal smiled.
- No need to thank, I'll try my best.- I smiled.

I decided after that, trying to explore the "prison", I went through an empty corridor, gloomy, and full of metal doors, but one of them, it seemed a torture room, because I heard male screams, I left immediately.

- What were you doing?- I almost screamed, scared, it was Norman.
- Oh my God!- I've covered my mouth
- S-Sorry!- Norman raised his hands a little in surrender.
- It's all right...- I said.- What is going on there?
- Well ... that's where he is.- Norman said.
- He? Who is he?- I asked.
- Someone very different from us...- Norman said in a low tone.
- ...?- I was confused.
- I only call him Chucky.- Norman said and then held my arm.- Y-You better stay away from this hallway.
- Okay...- I said. The male screams were loud and sometimes I heard him saying horrible things.

I'm sorry for the delay, I was uninspired, she was hibernating ... She just decided to cooperate now! My inspiration sometimes takes a lot to help me ...