07. A Girl

여자

여자

THE FOLLOWING DAY things seemed to get back to normal as June kept nudging Taehyung's elbow, the two of them were walking through the grocery aisles looking for a thing or two to buy. June would usually get annoyed by Taehyung's persistent mocking, but this day it was different. In fact, she was feeling happy.

Truly happy.

''So did anything happen last night?'' The boy's eyes widened at her, a sly smirk following on his face.

As an answer, June gave him a roll of eyes, chuckling to herself a little bit and wondering why she even told him about it in the first place. ''No you idiot. We just talked.''

''I don't buy it.'' Taehyung simply said, diving his hands in the pockets of his jacket, eyes scrutinizing the products standing on the shelves. ''You can't just stay at a guy's apartment late at night and say that you haven't even done the thing.''

''I don't get you boys.'' She narrowed her eyebrows. ''Why do a guy and a girl need to do the thing when they're alone in a room? Why can't they just, I don't know, talk for example?''

Taheyung raised an eyebrow at her, the corner of his lips slowly tugging up. ''You're kidding me, right?''

She exhaled heavily, holding the shopping basket in one hand as she held a product in the other, carefully reading the ingredients. ''Are all boys like that? Because I'm slowly losing all my hope for the whole population of men.''

But Taehyung just shook his head, avoiding to answer her question as he grabbed a bag of potato chips and a cup of ramen from the shelf, throwing it into the basket June was holding.

''I thought we were going to buy food and not garbage.''

The boy just sheepishly grinned. ''This one's for me.''

Both of them kept walking between the aisles for a few more minutes, not much being said before Taehyung opened his mouth again, shooting another question for June about last night. ''Would you have done it, though?" He scratched the back of his head. "If he asked you to, would you have done it?"

Taken by surprise, her feet stopped walking as she stared at the boy with a puzzled expression on her face. ''Why do you even have the need to know that?''

Taehyung shrugged, chewing on his gum while pretending not to know the real reason of wanting to hear what exactly happened between Jimin and June. He usually wasn't the jealous type of a guy, but there was something about Jimin that Taehyung despised. It wasn't the fact that Jimin was attractive or that June was practically drooling over him, but rather the fear of being replaced.

After all, June and Taehyung grew up together, they shared almost their whole childhood. No matter what happened, the stories would've always been told between the two of them. But now it seemed that Taehyung was slowly losing her under his reach, realizing that one day he would be left alone in the darkness, with no one standing right next to him. And the thought of that, scared him the most.

''You know I'm not that kind of a girl.'' June defended. ''Besides, you are my friend and you do know that I would always tell you everything, right?''

Taehyung smiled for a split second before the little bell attached to the entrance door tingled. Both of them looked to their right to see the person walking in.

It was a girl, laughing and smiling widely as she tuck a strand of her black hair behind her ear. However, she wasn't alone. She was holding hands with a boy that came inside the grocery store just right behind her. The boy was smiling as well, his melodic voice send shivers down June's spine as her stomach twisted in knots.

It was the same brown hair, the same chubby cheeks and plump lips.

And then she realized, that the boy was Jimin.