17. Waiting

기다림

기다림

THEY REMAINED SEATED, both of their bodies glued to the bench as their youthful eyes glimmered, their voices intertwining for a few more minutes. It felt so safe, so delicate and pure to pour out one's soul to another, to share the darkest desires just to have someone hear you out, to have somebody listen to what you have to say, what your feelings and thoughts truly seemed to be. It felt so good to have someone care about you and have your whole existence laid out on the surface of their palm.

They both felt that; felt the ease of letting it go just for a single drop of moment.

Jimin was talking; like a song on repeat his words were dripping down his tongue so easily, almost washing away the weight that has been sitting on his shoulders for way too long.

And June was listening, as if hearing that song for the first time, her whole body turned into an ear. Her eyes shining with excitement, with the desire of wanting to know more about the boy sitting right next to her.

But when her eyes darted to the phone held in her hand, its screen showing that it was indeed way past six pm, June's stomach twisted in knots, the skin on her face now turning completely pale with only one name appearing in her mind.

Taehyung.

She didn't even realize that the time passed by so quickly. That both her and Jimin were talking not for a minute, but for an hour.

And that Taehyung was waiting.

Without a single thought rushing through her mind, she stood up swiftly, lips trembling as she managed to push out a few words out of her mouth. ''Jimin, I-I'm sorry, I have to go.''

Though Jimin's smile faded away, not because she was leaving but because she was leaving him for somebody else. ''O-okay.'' He muttered, scratching the back of his neck. ''I'll see you at the dance practice?''

June gave him a small nod before her feet started to increase the distance between them.

Now panting and almost out of breath, she was running as fast as her legs have allowed her to.

How could she leave him hanging again? How could she let the time pass by so quickly. It seemed that the closer she gets to Jimin, the further she is from Taehyung.

Now faster than ever, she was running through the same park, eyes darting away from the bus that had stopped at the station because she was already late, and taking the bus would consume more time; she couldn't let another golden minute slip away from her touch.

With her feet stumping heavily against the ground her body almost collided with a few other but she didn't care, not when time was ticking so fastly.

But she, wasn't fast enough.

Her lungs have slowly started to shrink, the air almost disappearing from her reach as her limbs screamed for a single second of break.

Though she didn't listen.

She had to keep going, she was almost there.

The sun had already disappeared from the sky, the moonlight now being her only guide.

Bright lights shining from the moving cars blinded her for a moment but she doesn't stop her feet from running even faster.

She was almost there, maybe she can make it.

To her surprise, the view in front of her started to get blurry as she realized that the tears were threatening to fall down her cheeks at any given moment. However, she just shook her head; gritted teeth and fists clenched in sorrow, she continued to run as her eyes cought a glimpse of the place where Taehyung was supposed to be waiting.

Now smiling a little, she had finally gotten to the place where the two of them were supposed to meet while the light breeze wiped off the tears away from her cheek.

The town's bridge.

She was there.

She made it.

The only thing her ears have managed to hear were the sound of a flowing river beneath her own feet and the murmur of random people coming from behind her shaking body.

She made it.

She was here.

But Taehyung was nowhere to be seen.

. . .

a/n: leave a vote, comment if you're liking this so far. i hope you're having an amazing day, and taking care of yourself. i love you all so much.