10. Polaroid

사진

사진

DUST, MILDEW AND SQUEAKY STAIRS, June found herself once again inside the building where the boy Jimin lived. She would raise her hand way too many times and then quickly move it back, afraid to knock against the door she was now facing. God knows how long she had been standing there. Like a complete fool, she would have this monologue, telling herself that nothing will go wrong, that it was just a simple visit.

Though the real reason behind this visit was because she wanted to know more about Boyoung. If only she could find anything inside the apartment that would indicate that the two of them are indeed dating, she would finally be at peace. Maybe just for a little while.

With a few deep breaths taken in, June finally managed to gather enough courage, her hands leaning against the door as she carefully knocked three times.

Then she waited.

And waited.

But no one answered.

So she knocked again, this time louder and with more confidence, hoping for someone to hear her voice.

''Hello?'' She spoke out, her tone a bit shallow as she placed a hand against the door knob. ''Jimin? Are you home?''

With a slight twist against the knob, the door opened immediately, causing June's eyes to widen as she took a quick step back. ''Jimin? Are you in here?''

After a few more words said, she was contemplating on whether to go inside or wait for him outside. Maybe he went out to buy something, but then again why would he leave the doors unlocked? Was he waiting for someone? Or did he just forget about it?

Maybe he was just that careless and forgetful.

June swallowed the big lump appearing in her throat as she took a few steps forward, closing the door behind her. She thought that she would just sit down and wait for him to come back so she could ask him about Bo.

But she quickly shook her head, cringing at how creepy this all was; coming to a person's apartment just to ask them about their current relationship status. Who even does that? She could've easily checked facebook and see more about his life if only she knew his last name.

Then again, June didn't know much about Jimin in the first place.

A sudden movement could've been heard coming right out of the kitchen as June's body shivered. But the uneasiness soon faded away as a small ball of fur came walking towards her with a few high pitched meows echoing within the room.

''Ah Yejin! You scared the living shit out of me.'' The girl said, almost laughing to herself as she gave the cat a few gentle strokes.

Without a thought, her view travelled to the empty table in the kitchen. There was no ashtray nor books left on it this time. Jimin must've cleaned up before he left the apartment. So she tip toed towards the bedroom doors, opened them and peaked inside; the sheets were nicely folded, the room was tidy and the desk was almost empty.

Or so she thought until she came a little closer, her eyes seeing what exactly does Jimin keep on his desk; a few books, pencils and a lamp that seemed to be too old to even work properly.

''Who are you Jimin.'' She said to herself, picking up a book in her hands, but the actions caused another one to drop on the floor, its torn pages flying everywhere along with an old photograph.

June tilted her head as she bended down, picking up the polaroid that was hidden between the pages of his book. The photo was a bit damaged, not because of all the years it stayed hidden between papers, but because Jimin was on it, smiling widely and the person that used to be next to him on the picture had been completely ripped off.

June couldn't recognize who could be the person next to Jimin, so she turned the photo around and right at the bottom of it, something was written with the letters being a bit sloppy.

Forever, 2015, Jun 1st

Before her hands could put away the photograph, a low and stern voice echoed from behind her. All she could notice at that moment was a different dialect, this one being much more darker. ''What are you doing here?''