43. Idiot

바보

바보

And she doesn't know where else to look, where to find him.

With half-lidded eyes fighting with the time said by the clock, she vowed to keep them open. Forcing herself to stay awake because she needed to make sure Jimin was fine, that he was still okay.

Outside again, after a hundred steps left on that same snow, June didn't know how or why she found herself in front of the theater. Maybe it's because the play was only a month away or because she thought Jimin could be there dancing - just like he did every other day. But she blamed the gut feeling out of it all.

Hands cold and somehow sleep deprived, she turned the heavy doorknob and walked inside.

She tried to swallow her feelings when she was met with the chairs in neat, staggered rows that reach as far back as the eyes can see, but when she saw the stage and a someone standing on it, she almost choked on the same feelings getting stuck in her throat and they soon came right back up to make her call out his name.

''Jimin!''

But he didn't hear her. He couldn't. Not when the music was so loud.

So she started walking, no, running forward, as the vibration of joy kept shaking her body from head to toe.

''Jiminie!''

She then yelled, his name tasting sweet and bitter almost at the same time. Regardless of it, she'd been smiling so wide, as if making up for the days she hadn't, for the days that she'd lost it for a while.

Though the smile soon disappeared when she noticed there was something off. Jimin still wasn't listening. Was he ignoring her? But she was closer now, he must've heard her. His limbs were moving non stop, his body trapped in a world ruled by music and the thoughts playing inside of his head.

June shivered despite the warm air inside the theater before she stopped her feet, breathing in slowly.

''Park Jimin!''

And he then turned around but he still couldn't see. He was blindfolded, legs confused but his mouth twisted up, unsure of whether he liked whose voice he heard or not. ''June?''

But June bit down her fit of giggles. ''Idiot, are you deaf? I have so many things to tell you and I've been screaming your name for ten minutes straight.''

And his fingers dragged the blindfold down, then turned the music down as well, just so that he can give a sly smile and raise an eyebrow at her while speaking, letting the implications of what June just said sink into her brain.

He did that on purpose, and June hated him for it. Because it would always make her cheeks go red. Even now, when she came up on stage to hit his arm, her cheeks were burning with warmth and her mind was all over the place. ''Ack, why are you like this?''